UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
member announcement for 1/6/2014
[ view online | correct or unsubscribe ]
Notes and News
Featured upcoming events
- Monday Jan 6:
8:00 am - 9:00 am > Hem/Onc Clinical Case Conf: Guest Speaker
- 4:00 pm > Urologic Oncology Research Seminar Series - New Insights into Cancer Biology
5:15 pm > Idea to IPO... and Beyond
- Tuesday Jan 7:
- 12:00 noon > Paul M. Aggeler Lecture
- 12:00 noon > Diller Building Research-in-Progress Seminar
- Wednesday Jan 8:
- Friday Jan 10:
Please help us continue our support of clinical & translational research. Publications supported by the CCSG grant in any way are required to credit the CCSG grant and comply with NIH Public Access Policy.
Current Limited Submission Opportunities
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PRE-PROPOSAL: January 20, 2014ABBVIE UCSF Collaboration
AbbVie, Inc. and the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) have formed a new research collaboration. Areas of collaborative interest include:
> view full information
- Manipulation of lymphocyte activation in disease
- Targets/pathways related to renal disease including fibrosis, oxidative stress, and inflammatory processes.
- Biomarkers and therapeutic approaches related to renal disease
- Novel ideas for dual-variable domain immunoglobulin (DVD-Ig) molecules that allow for tissue targeting of a therapeutic antibody. DVD concepts in dermatology, oncology, inflammatory bowel disease, rheumatoid and osteoarthritis and renal are welcome.
LOI Deadline: Jan 10, 2014
UCSF Liver Center Pilot/Feasibility 2014 Program
One-year grant of up to $30,000 with no indirect costs. [ view flyer ]
from the NCI
LOI Deadlines - January 20, 2014; April 20, 2014; August 18, 2014
LOI Deadline: Jan 31, 2014
AVON Breast Cancer Research 2014
Up to $150,000 total costs per year for up to two years.
Deadline: Feb 18, 2014
Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation: Clinical Investigator Award
They have changed the application process for 2014 and no longer require institutional nominations.
LOI Due: Feb 19, 2014
BD2K-LINCS-Perturbation Data Coordination and Integration Center (DCIC) (U54)
This FOA seeks applications to develop a data coordination and integration center (DCIC) that will address the opportunities and challenges provided by two major NIH efforts: Big Data to Knowledge (BD2K) and the Library of Integrated Network-Based Cellular Signatures (LINCS).
LOI Deadline: Feb 21, 2014
AVON Breast Cancer Safety Net
Up to $100,000 total costs.
- Cancer Resource Center Calendar of Events Jan 2014
- ANCO Fax News Dec 2013
- Cancer Letter: Jan 3, 2014
- Who Makes This Drug? Secretive Contract Manufacturing Arrangements Complicate Solutions to Shortages of Generics
Report to the Nation: Death Rates Continue to Decline In All Cancers, Major Sites
Julie Vose Elected President of ASCO
An Appreciation: Janet Rowley, 88, "Translational Research Pioneer"
Have news to share with HDFCCC Members or the larger cancer community at UCSF?
Submit an email by Monday Jan 13 for the next HDFCCC News/Announcements eNewsletter
Karen Gehrman, Communications Manager
415.353.4471 (voice) | email@example.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipient/s named above. Distribution, reproduction or any other use of this transmission by any party other than the intended recipient/s is prohibited.