How to Make an Appointment
Call (415) 353-7070 or go online to schedule an appointment for either our San Francisco or Marin locations with our surgeons, medical oncologists and nursing staff. If you need translation services or interpretation for the hearing impaired, let the Call Center scheduler know and we can make appropriate arrangements.
Make an appointment for either our San Francisco or Marin location at (415) 353-7070, Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
Make an appointment online via UCSF Health for both our San Francisco and Marin locations.
For Current Patients
Have a question? Call our nurse advice line for assistance: (415) 353-9752
Where To Find Us
San Francisco Location
UCSF Medical Center at Mount Zion
Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
1600 Divisadero Street, Second Floor
San Francisco, CA 94115
Hours: 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday
San Francisco Mailing address:
UCSF Breast Care Center
1600 Divisadero Street, Box 1710
San Francisco, CA 94143-1710
1100 South Eliseo Dr. Suite 1
Greenbrae, CA 94904
Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Thursdays only
Before Your First Visit
- Check your email for the link and password to the online Health History Survey or Questionnaire.
- Follow the instructions in the emails you receive.
- Complete the questionnaire up to the day before your appointment. For more information about the importance of the questionnaire to your care, click here.
- If you don't have computer access or an email address, call (415) 476-0267 for information.
- Complete these forms (download here) and bring them with you on the day of your appointment. These include a Consent to Release Information, Financial Waiver, and Patient Information form.
- Decide whom you would like to list as an emergency contact and bring that person's current address and phone numbers.
Our Decision Services group can help you prepare for your appointment. They can help you write down the questions and concerns you want to bring up with your doctor and by providing materials, services, advice, and referrals to help you review information, list questions, and make notes and recordings. To make an appointment or to find out more information go the Decision Services website or call (415) 353-8400.
Charges for Services
Self-pay patients (choosing not to use your insurance or currently uninsured):
A deposit of $345 will be collected from you when you check in for your first visit. This fee covers your exam and conversation with the provider. If any tests or porcedures are done, you will be billed for those additional services which may be up to $800.
Second opinion patients:
It is very common for a provider (for example, your doctor) to request that your pertinent previous pathology slides and radiology films be reviewed here at UCSF. If your provider suggests this as their plan, the charges for these evaluations can range from $400 to $2,500. If you would like an estimate from the Pathology Department, please call (415) 353-1269 or (415) 353-1609. For an estimate from the Radiology Department, please call (415) 353-1236. You may be asked to pay a deposit for these reviews in advance.
If your provider recommends that a procedure be done the same day, such as a biopsy, there will be an additional charge by the doctor performing the biopsy and the associated department(s) for their involvement. These charges can range from $1,500 to $10,000, so please discuss pricing in advance.
If at any time you would like to speak to a financial counselor to see if any special financial arrangements can be made, please call (415) 885-3505 or (415) 885-7410.
What to bring to your first visit:
You should plan to spend between two to five hours for your first visit unless you are coming for our Same Day Assessment program which takes the entire day. We encourage you to bring a family member or friend with you to help listen and take notes during your appointment.
To ensure that we are able to provide you with a comprehensive consultation, it is critical that you provide us with the following medical records. you may fax these records to us at (415) 353-7050 or send your eletronic records to the following email address: BCCNP@ucsfmedctr.org. You may hand-carry them to your appointment if instructed to do so by our scheduler.
- All medical records pertaining to your current condition (most recent doctor's notes, pathology, report, radiology report(s), surgery report(s), and most recent lab results.
- Mammogram and ultrasound films for the last five years and any other radiology scans related to your breast concerns such as MRI, X-ray, CT and PET scans.
- If you have had a recent breast biopsy or have a history of breast cancer, bring all glass pathology slides from the procedure.
- If all of your radiology and/or pathology tests are done at UCSF, our staff will obtain the films and reports on your behalf.
- You will receive more detailed instructions regarding insurance authorization from our schedulers once you have made your appointment.
Looking for a cafe or restaurant in the vicinity of our San Francisco location? Some of those in the neighborhood are listed here.
The Mount Zion Café in the lower level of the Cancer Center at 1600 Divisadero offers a salad bar, grill, hot lunches, sandwiches to order, sushi, fresh fruit and more. A Peet's Coffee bar serves coffee and teas. Both the Cafe and Peet's are accessible from the main lobby. Open:
7:00am to 3:00pm, M-F (closed weekends)