"Love Always, Mom" Documentary and Panel Discussion
September 3, 2019, 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
UCSF Mission Bay Campus
Byers Auditorium at Genentech Hall
600 16th Street
San Francisco, CA
Please join us for a screening of the award-winning film Love Always, Mom (trailer). The film is a stirring portrait of a young metastatic breast cancer patient, Trish, who pursues parenthood in the face of her disease. Through this unvarnished, first-person account, you share in Trish’s journey from being a vibrant newlywed to the shattering news of her diagnosis, and through the difficult choices she faces about her future and becoming a mom. It will move you, challenge you, and ultimately inspire you.
A panel discussion with the film subject and leading fertility preservation experts will follow:
- Trish Russo, metastatic breast cancer thriver, film subject, and mom
- Mitch Rosen, MD, Director, UCSF Fertility Preservation Program
- Jo Chien, MD, UCSF oncologist
- Moderator: Joyce Reinecke, Executive Director, Alliance for Fertility Preservation
We encourage you to come join in the discussion and connect with other patients, survivors, clinicians, and policymakers to lend your voice, your experience, and your ideas. Food and beverages will also be served.
There is no charge to attend, but please pre-register, as seating is limited.
This event is a collaboration between:
- UCSF Fertility Preservation Program
- UCSF Cancer Resource Center
- Alliance for Fertility Preservation, a non-profit organization
"Love Always, Mom” was funded by The Cyan Gray Hope Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit, to ignite a dialogue around cancer and fertility issues. All proceeds from the distribution of the film go towards research for metastatic breast cancer and a family-building grant for a cancer thriver.