Webinar: Introduction to Sustainable Caregiving: Resilience for Care Partners of Those with Chronic Serious Illness
April 6, 2020, 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
A free weekly, 8-session, online workshop to learn evidence-based skills to make your caregiving sustainable.
Introduction: Monday, April 6, 5:00 - 6:00 pm
8-week course: Mondays, April 13th - June 8th, 5:00 - 6:30 PM (No class 5/25)
In this online program of eight weekly 90-minute classes, you will learn evidence-based skills to help make your caregiving sustainable and reduce burnout.
Teaching methods include brief lecture periods mixed with experiential exercises. You will also have opportunities to speak with others in structured break-out groups (pairs or triads) as well as in the larger group.
Each class will have its own theme and the opportunity to practice new skills in a safe place, so that they’re more available during the days ahead. Themes include:
- Attentional balance and grounding
- Positive intention setting
- Repertoire of stress responses
- Meeting difficult emotions
- Mindful self-compassion
- Challenging relationships
- Patients’ concerns around “being a burden”
- Re-framing chronic sorrow
- Balance and growth in adversity
- ‘What works for me?’ -- Cultivate a positive mindset
Participants will receive a digital Wellness Journal.