About the ITR
ITR = Investigational Trials Resource
The Investigational Trials Resource (ITR) is an organizational unit within the Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center (HDFCCC) which was launched in 2007 with the goal of centralizing and streamlining the HDFCCC’s clinical research infrastructure and increasing patient accrual. The ITR is responsible for the entire clinical research enterprise within the HDFCCC, including oversight of the Clinical Research Support Office, Data and Safety Monitoring, and Protocol Review and Monitoring System, as well as providing interface for interactions of the Clinical Research enterprise with the Biostatistics Core and Translational Informatics Core. Its Director is Dr. Eric Small, the Deputy Director of the HDFCCC. Dr. Small reports to the HDFCCC President and Director, Dr. Alan Ashworth.
- Provides centralized oversight, review and prioritization of cancer-related clinical research activities at UCSF
- Provides infrastructure and resources to support and streamline clinical and translational research activity within the HDFCCC
- Is responsible for all clinical shared resources and activities in the HDFCCC
- Is guided by the Cancer Center Clinical Research Oversight Committee
- Has oversight over three distinct units:
More info here
Looking for info on how to conduct research at UCSF?
Visit the Hub
Looking for info on how to conduct cancer-specific research at UCSF?
Conducting Research on Subjects Diagnosed with, or at Risk for, Cancer
This unit is supported by a National Cancer Institute Cancer Center Support Grant (5P30CA082103). Any publications related to work done by this core should reference grant number 5P30CA082103 and must include a PMCID as required by the NIH. For complete instructions on how to acknowledge funding sources, please see http://grants.nih.gov/grants/acknow.htm. For more information on how to obtain a PMCID, please see http://publicaccess.nih.gov/submit_process.htm.
For more information on the CCSG, please contact Erin Bank, PhD, at email@example.com.