Cancer Center Membership Information
What does HDFCCC membership mean?
- Priority access and cost structure to Shared Resources
- Clinical trial support through the HDFCCC Clinical Research Office
- Eligibility for intramural award funding
- Inclusion in HDFCCC communications (e.g., events, funding opportunities, news)
- Opportunities for leadership roles
- Inclusion in at least one research program, which hold regular meetings and offer personalized advice and support
- Network of potential collaborators and mentors
- Full calendar of seminars, retreats, symposia, and other scientific events
- Administrative support for activities that align with HDFCCC strategic goals (e.g., grants, events)
- Access to HDFCCC-controlled space
In order to receive the above perks, members are asked to:
- Interact scientifically with other HDFCCC members, especially within HDFCCC Programs.
- Serve the HDFCCC through participation on committees and/or through public outreach.
- Submit all protocols to the HDFCCC Protocol Review Committee (PRC). In many instances, Site Committee review will be required prior to PRC review. The PRC must approve all protocols prior to submission to the UCSF IRB.
- Provide information on therapeutic protocols to the HDFCCC Data Safety Monitoring Committee for periodic audits. (At this time, the HDFCCC’s Data Safety Monitoring Committee reviews only therapeutic intervention trials.)
- Enter and update accruals to all (interventional and non-interventional) clinical trials via OnCore.
- Provide updates relating to publications, research support, clinical protocols, patient registrations, and other information that may be needed to fulfill requirements for designation as an NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Acknowledge CCSG and HDFCCC facilities, space, or assistance, when appropriate, in research publications.
- Mention HDFCCC affiliation in relevant media and other marketing outlets.
- Attend scheduled functions of the HDFCCC, including Program events.
Full Member: A full-time ranked faculty (or equivalent) of UCSF who meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Is PI or Co-PI of a cancer-relevant peer-reviewed non-training grant from the NIH/NCI or from an NCI-recognized organization (see list).
- Is a clinical science leader as evidenced by leadership of therapeutic investigator-initiated institutional trials (in-house, internally reviewed trials, including those collaborative studies conducted with industry sponsorship in which the center is a primary contributor to the design, implementation, and monitoring of the trial, or participation in a multi-site trial initiated by an investigator at another center).
- Holds an official HDFCCC leadership position.
Associate Member: A health professional or laboratory, clinical, or population research scientist holding a research appointment at UCSF who meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Newly recruited faculty with cancer-focused research.
- Active publication record in cancer.
- Funded by a cancer-related training grant, regardless of funding source.
- Co-Investigator on peer-reviewed non-training funding from the NIH/NCI or from an NCI-recognized organization.
- PI on a non-peer-reviewed grant, including foundation and pilot funding.
- Co-Investigator or Site PI of an institutional study active within the previous year.
- Established investigators with a new interest in cancer.
Affiliate Member: : A health professional or laboratory, clinical, or population research scientist with a part- or full-time role at UCSF who demonstrates interest in cancer research or patient care within the HDFCCC but does not qualify as a Member. Affiliate Members are invited to attend Program meetings and events to encourage collaboration. Affiliate Members do not receive Shared Resource financial or priority status, unless approved by Leadership on a case-by-case basis. Affiliate members do not contribute to CCSG-related metrics.
> View the current roster of HDFCCC Members
> Learn more about the Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG)
If you have questions about process or forms, please contact Geraldine Pacheco: 415-476-5448; email@example.com.