Laura E. Crocitto, MD, MHA
Vice President and Chief Medical Officer (CMO) for Cancer Services, UCSF Health
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, Masters, Healthcare Administration, 2012
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, M.D., Medical Degree, 1989
University of California at Davis, Davis, CA, B.A., Biological Sciences, 1982
2018 - present
University of California San Francisco, Health, CMO, Cancer Services Professor, UCSF Health Urology
2015 - 2018
City of Hope National Medical Center, Medical Director of Enterprise Quality and Safety, Department of surgery /Division of Urology and Urologic Oncology
2014 - 2018
USC School of Public Policy, Adjunct Faculty
2010 - 2018
City of Hope National Medical Center, Associate Clinical Professor, Surgery, Division of Urology and Urologic Oncology
2005 - 2015
City of Hope National Medical Center, Physician Advisor
2005 - 2009
City of Hope National Medical Center, Director, Urology and Urologic Oncology Fellowship
2000 - 2009
City of Hope National Medical Center, Director of Clinic Research Studies, Urology and Urologic Oncology
1998 - 2010
City of Hope National Medical Center, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of surgery /Division of Urology and Urologic Oncology
1997 - 1998
Norris Cancer Center Los Angeles, California Fellowship Urology Oncology Research Fellow
Department Chairman: Dr. Donald Skinner
1995 - 1997
American Foundation for Urologic Disease (AFUD) Scholarship Fellowship Urology Oncology Clinical Fellow Preceptor: Gerry Coetzee, Ph.D
1991 - 1995
Los Angeles County/USC Medical Center Residency Urology
1990 - 1991
Los Angeles County/University of Southern California Medical Center Residency General Surgery
1989 - 1990
Los Angeles County/University of Southern California Medical Center Internship General Surgery
Honors & Awards
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society - Junior Member President
3rd Place Award American Urologic Association -– Western Section
- Laura Crocitto, Bertram Yuh. Editorial: Patterns of Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection at the time of radical prostatectomy for low-risk men. Urology. 2017 Jun;104:148-149. doi: 10.1016/j.urology.2017.01.038.Epub 2017 March 30. PMID: 28366585.
- Kardos S, Chan K, Yuh B, Crocitto L. Recovery after surgery and care coordination pathway at City of Hope: Length of stay, readmissions, and complications. Journal or Clinical Oncology 34(2_suppl):410-410. January 2016 DOI: 10.1200/jco.2016.34.2_suppl.410.
- Steven V. Kardos, Kevin G. Chan, Bertram Yuh, Jonathan Yamzon, Nora H. Ruel, Finly Zachariah, Clayton S. Lau, Laura Crocitto. PD02-02 Enhanced recovery after surgery and care coordination pathway at city of hope: Decreased length of stay, readmissions, and complications. J. Urol April 2016; 195(4s):e51. DOI:10.1016/j.juro.2016.02.2076.
- Wittig K., Ruel N., Barlog J., Crocitto L., Chan K., Lau C., Wilson TG., Yuh B. Critical Analysis of Hospital Readmission and Cost Burden after Robot-Assisted Radical Cystectomy. J Endourol. 2016 Jan; 30(1):83-91. DOI:10.1089/end.2015.0438.Epub 2015 Sep 25. PMID:26405852
- Bourque J., Chan K., Wilson T., Lau C., Yuh B., Yamzon J., Zachariah F., Crocitto L. MP64-08 Establishing a care coordination pathway for bladder cancer Cystectomy patients. The Journal of Urology.04/2015; 193(4):e800-e801. DOI:10.1016/j.juro.2015.02.2319. *4.47 Impact Factor
- Arvin Shinde, Ruth Nolen, Marjorie Jen Hein, Eduardo Siccion, Laura E. Crocitto, Tricia Kassab, Denise Morse, Lucille A. Leong. An interdisciplinary model for predicting patients at high risk for readmission amongst solid tumor oncology patients in a comprehensive cancer center. 2013 ASCO’S Quality Care Symposium. J Clin Oncol 31, 2013 (suppl 31; abstr 190).
- Christopher Whelan, Laura Crocitto, Mark Kawachi, Kevin Chan, David Smith, Timothy Wilson and Steven Smith. The Influence of PSA-RNA Yield on the Analysis of Expressed Prostatic Secretions (EPS) for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis. Canadian Journal of Urology 2013 Feb; 20(1):6597- 602.
- Thornton AA, Perez MA, Oh Sindy, Crocitto LE. Optimism and Prostate Cancer-Specific Expectations Predict Better Quality of Life After Robotic Prostatectomy. J of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings; Vol 19, Number 2 (2012) 165-176.
- Elizabeth M Singer, Laura E. Crocitto, Yuri Choi, Sofia Loera, Lawrence Weiss, S Ashraf Imam, Timothy G Wilson, and Steven S Smith. Biomarker identification with ligand-targeted nucleoprotein assemblies. Nanomedicine 06/2011; 6 (4): 659-68. DOI:10.2217/nnm.11.22. *5.82 impact factor.
- Elizabeth M Singer, Laura E. Crocitto, Yuri Choi, Sofia Loera, Lawrence Weiss, Ashraf Imam, Timothy G Wilson, Steven S Smith. 847 Nanodevice-based detection of reactive stroma in prostate cancer specimens. The Journal of Urology 04/2011; 185(4). DOI 10.1016/j.juro.2011.02.668. * 3.75 Impact Factor.
- Thornton, A. and Crocitto, L.E. A Prospective Report of Changes in Prostate Cancer Related Quality of Life after Robotic Prostatectomy. J Psychosoc Oncol 29, 157-167, March 2011.
- Chu PG, Lau SK, Weiss LM, Kawachi M, Yoshida J, Ruel C, Nelson R, Crocitto L, Wilson T. Assessment of Low prostate Weight as a determinant of a higher positive margin rate after laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: a prospective pathologic study of 1,500 cases. Surg Endosc. May 2009, 23 (5) 1058-1064.
- Clark JP., Munson KW., Wu JW., Lamparska-Kupsik K., Chan KG., Yoshida JS., Kawachi MH., Crocitto LE., Wilson TG., Feng Z., Smith SS. Performance of a single assay for both type III and type VI TMPRSS2:ERG fusions in noninvasive prediction of prostate biopsy outcome. Clinical Chemistry 10/2008; 54(12):2007-17. DOI:10.1373/clinchem.2008.108845 *7.77 Impact Factor.
- Link, B., Nelson, R, Josephson, David, Yoshida, J., Crocitto, L., Kawachi, M.,Wilson, T. The Impact of Prostate Gland Weight in Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy, September 2008.
- Crocitto, L., Ly, Martina, Satterthwaite, R., Wilson, T., Nelson, R. Can Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy Be Recommended to Obese Patients? Journal of Robotic Surgery, 2008.
- Jarrod P Clark, Kristofer W Munson, Katarzyna Lamparska-Kupsik, Jesse W Gu, Ziding Feng, Kevin G Chan, Jeffrey S Yoshida, Mark H Kawachi, Laura E Crocitto, Timothy G Wilson •Steven S Smith. Serum PSA, DRE, DNA methylation, PCA3, and TMPRSS2: ERG in expressed prostatic secretion as non-invasive predictors of biopsy outcome. The Journal of Urology 04/2008; 179(4):706-706. DOI:10.1016/S0022-5347(08)62056-X, 3.75 Impact Factor
- Lance J. Hampton, Rebecca A. Nelson, Roger W. Satterthwaite •Timothy G. Wilson, Laura E. Crocitto. Patients with prior TURP undergoing robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy have higher positive surgical margin rates. Journal of Robotic Surgery 04/2008; 2(4):213-216. DOI:10.1007/s11701-008-0121-7
- Secin, F., Jiborn, T., Bjartell, A., Fournier, G., Salomon, L., Abbou, C., Haber, G., Gill, I., Crocitto, L., Nelson, R., Alcaide, J., Martinez-Pineiro, L, Cohen, M., Tuerk, I., Schulman, C., Gianduzzo, T., Eden, C., Baumgartner, R., Smith, J., Entezari, K., Velthoven, R., Janetschek, G., Serio, A., Vickers, A., K. Touijer, B. Guillonneau. Multi-institutional Study of Symptomatic Deep Venous Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism in Prostate Cancer Patients Undergoing Laparoscopic or Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy. European Urology, 2008, 53: 134-145.
- Hu, JC, Nelson, R.A., Wilson, T.G., Kawachi, M.H., Ramin, S.A., Lau, C., Crocitto, L.E. Perioperative complications of laparoscopic versus robotic assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: The City of Hope experience. Journal of Urology, 175: 541-546, 2006.
- Clark, J, Shevchuk, T, Swiderski, PM, Dabuv R, Crocitto LE, Buryahovy I, Smith, S. Construction of ordered Protein Arrays Methods. Mol. Biol 2005: 300: 325-348. Review.