National Chung-hsing University, Taipei, Taiwan, BA, 1969-1973
National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, M.S., 1975-77
University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, Ph.D. M.S., 1978-84
Consultant, AT&T Pacific Bell of San Diego
Advisory Committee, Asian and Pacific Internet Research Committee, Internet Society
Systems Consultant on Parallel Computing, PhysioComputing of San Diego
Statistical Consultant on Substance Prevalence, Department of Health Statistics, State of California
Statistical and Systems Consultant, Aircraft Mishaps Prevention, Norton US Air Force
Statistical Consultant, San Bernardino School District
Research Fellow, Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Adjunct Professor, Mathematical Sciences (Statistics), San Diego State University
Coordinator of Academic Computing, San Diego State University
Associate Professor, Information and Decision Sciences, CSU San Bernardino
Director of Academic Computing, California State University, San Bernardino
Chair and professor, Computing and Technology Studies, National University, San Diego
Senior Statistician, UCSD Anti-viral Research Center and California Collaborative Treatment Group
U. S. Fulbright Scholar in Statistics to South Africa.
Protocol Statistician, Center for AIDS Prevention Studies (CAPS), UC San Francisco
Senior Biostatistician, Comprehensive Cancer Center, UC San Francisco
- "Statistician in Action", ASA, AMSTAT News: Careers in Statistics issue, September 2002.
- "The value of patient-reported adherence to antiretroviral therapy in predicting virologic and immunologic response." (with Haubrich, R.H., Little, S.J., McCutchan, J.A., .et al.) AIDS 13:1099-1107, 1999.
- "Comparison of Four Statistical Measures of HIV RNA Suppression in a Clinical Strategy Trial", (with Haubrich, R.H., McCutchan, J.A., .et al.) The 6th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Chicago, January, 1999.
- "Analysis of Recurrent Events Data: Modeling Residual Time to HIV/RNA Detectability in a Multi-center Clinical Study of Antiretroviral Monitoring", (with Haubrich, R. H.) 5th Taipei International Statistical Symposium, Academic Sinica, August, 1998.
- "Human Immunodeficiency Virus Replication in AIDS Patients with Mycobacterium avium Complex Bacteremia: A case Control Study.", Journal of Infectious Diseases, 1998; 177:595-9 (with Diane Havloir, Richard Haubrich).
- "Prenatal Substance Abuse in California: Findings from the Perinatal Substance Exposure Study." Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, (with William Vega, Bohdan Kolody, and Amanda Noble), Vol. 29, Jan-Mar 1997
- "Sampling Survey and Estimation Properties of Prenatal Substance Exposure in California.", Book Chapter, Data Editing Workshop and Exposition, Federal Committee on Statistical Methodology, Office of Management and Budget, December, 1996
- "Sequential HIV RNA Levels in Patients with Disseminated M. Avium Complex: A Case Control Study.", (with D. Havlir, R. Haubrich, M. Dunne, F. Torriani, J. Currier, D. Forthal, A.A. Bozzette, D. Richman, J.A. Mccutchan), Abstract, 4th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Washington D.C., January, 1997.
- "A Ten Year Review of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium bovis infections in Adults coinfected with HIV in San Diego.", (with F.J. Torriani, D.V. Havlir, H. Hong, and W. Dankner), Poster Session, 4th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Washington D.C., January, 1997.
- "Protease Inhibitors Are Associated with Favorable Response to Topical Treatment of Kaposi's Sarcoma.", (with S. Little, D.V. Havlir, and J.A. Mccutchan), 4th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Washington D.C., January, 1997.
- "Assessment and Issues in Equity and Efficiency of Universal Health Care System in Taiwan.", Proceedings of the 5th Northern American Technical and Professional Conference, Ontario, Canada, June 30- July 4, 1996.
- "Computational Algorithms and Graphical Presentation of Prenatal Substance Exposure in California.", Proceedings of the 28th Interface Conference, Sydney, Australia, July 10- July 15, 1996.
- "Information Processing of Electrotactile Signals", (with Andrew Szeto), Human Factors, Nov., 1995.
- "Prevalence and Magnitude of Perinatal Substance Abuse Exposures in California", (with William Vega, Bohdan Kolody, Amanda Noble), Special Article, New England Journal of Medicine, 1993: 329, pp. 850-854.
- "Failure Effects and Modes Criticality Analysis (FEMCA), Fault-Tree Analysis (FTA), and Statistical UNI-MULT Analysis", Aircraft Mishaps Prevention, Norton Air Force, U.S., 1992-93.
- "Rio Vista Neighborhood Survey", (with David Bellis and Brian Watts), San Bernardino School District, March, 94.
- "Police's Perception on Neighborhood Safety", (with David Bellis and Brian Watts), San Bernardino Police Department, January, 94.
- Profile of Perinatal Substance Abuse Exposure, (with William Vega and Bohdan Kolody), Department of Health Services, State of California, June 30, 1993.
- "Teaching Statistics with an Electronic Spreadsheet", Proceedings of CSUSB Computing Conference, October, 1992.
- "Comparison of Speed and Accuracy for Selected Electronic Communication Devices and Input Selection Methods", (with Andrew Szeto), Augmentative and Alternative Communication, July, 1992.
- "AIDS-Phobia and Political Reaction in California: Student Versus Public Responses to Reactive Political Initiatives", (with Bob Winslow), Archives of Sexual Behavior, Vol.19, No. 5, pp.518-530, 1990.
- "AIDS, FRAIDS, and Quarantine: Student Responses to Pro-Quarantine Initiatives in California", (with Bob Winslow), Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 1989, Vol.19, No. 17, pp. 1453-1478.
- Student Attitude on AIDS and AIDS Prevention", (with Bob Winslow), Journal of Applied Social Psychology, December 1992.
- "Some Problems about Statistics in Social Scientific Research", Journal of Social Development, V44:1981.
- "Economic Analysis on Fertility", Journal of Social Development, V38:77, pp.22-26.
- "Policy Analysis: the Evolution and Process of American Social Security System", Community Development Quarterly, March, 1989, No. 45, pp.41-49.
- "Community Power Structure as a Field of Sociological Inquiry in the United States", Social Development, V.41, 80.
- "Urbanization: the past, the present and the future", Journal of Social Development, V37:1976, pp.24-35.
- "T.R. Malthuss Principle of Population", Journal of Social Development, Vol.36, 1975, pp.15-24.
- "Case Study: A Changing Society in Taiwan", Journal of Social Development, Vol.35, 1974, pp.42-61.