University of California, San Diego, 1996, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
San Diego State University, 1999, Master of Science in Nutritional Sciences
San Diego State University, 2000, ADA Accredited Dietetic Internship
August 2003 - present
Oncology Dietitian, Golden Gate Center for Integrative Cancer Care (San Francisco)
January 2002 - present
Oncology Dietitian, Cancer Resource Center, UC San Francisco Comprehensive Cancer Center
June 1998 - present
Dietary Counselor/Research Dietitian, UC San Francisco General Clinical Research Center/ UC San Diego Cancer Prevention & Control Program (WHEL Study)
September 2001 - August 2003
Clinical Nutrition Specialist, California Pacific Medical Center - Davies Campus (San Francisco)
August 2001 - December 2001
Sports Nutrition Instructor, Exercise & Sport Science Department, University of San Francisco
January 2001 - August 2001
Nutrition Instructor, Biology Department, City College of San Francisco
September 1998 - December 1999
Sports Nutrition Consultant, Athletics Department, San Diego State University
Honors & Awards
- (1998, 1999)
ADA - Annette Rachman Memorial Scholarship
SDSU University Scholar Award
SDSU Mary Quam Hawkins Scholarship
SDSU/SDDA Barbara K. Rosenblatt Memorial Scholarship
CDA Foundation - CDC Scholarship in Consulting or Geriatrics
- (1992, 1993)
National Collegiate Women's Soccer Finalist & Semi-finalist
- Authored Diet & Prostate Cancer chapter for the ONS Practical Nutrition Management in Cancer Care 2004
- Authored/edited 6 nutrition chapters for Supportive Cancer Care: The Complete Guide for Patients & Their Families by Ernest Rosenbaum and Isadora Rosenbaum 2004
- Lagomarcino Ledesma, N. (2004). Chemotherapy Agent Review Taxotere. Oncology Nutrition Connection
- Contributing author for Sports Nutrition Desk Reference by Mark Kern (2004)
- Lagomarcino N. (2002). Integrative Tumor Board: Recurrence of Ovarian Cancer Nutrition. Integrative Cancer Therapies. 1(4):398-401.
- Kern, M., Lagomarcino, N.D., Misell, L.M., Schuster, V. (2000). The effect of medium-chain triacylglycerols on the blood lipid profile of male endurance runners. J. Nutr. Biochem. 11(5):288-292.
- Misell, L.M., Lagomarcino, N.D., Kern, M., Schuster, V. (2001). Chronic medium-chain triacylglycerol consumption and endurance performance in trained runners. J. Sports Med. and Phys. Fitness. 41:210-215.
- Kern, M., Lagomarcino, N.D., Misell, L.M., Schuster, V. Chronic medium-chain triacylglycerol consumption and endurance performance in trained runners. Southwest American College of Sports Medicine, Las Vegas, NV. September 1998.
- Kern, M., Lagomarcino, N.D., Misell, L.M., Schuster, V. The effect of medium-chain triacylglycerols on the blood lipid profile of male endurance runners. Experimental Biology, San Diego, CA. January 2000.