Professor Emeritus, Department of Radiation Oncology, UCSF
University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, BS, 1960, Medical Science
University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, MD, 1965, Medicine
Resident and Fellow, Department of Radiation Oncology, UCSF
Clinical Instructor, Department of Radiation Oncology, UCSF
Assistant Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, UCSF
Chief, Radiation Oncology, Ralph K. Davies Medical Center (Department integrated with UCSF RadiationOncology)
Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, UCSF
Clinical Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, UCSF
Vice Chair, Department of Radiation Oncology, UCSF/Mt. Zion Medical Center
Chief Department of Radiation Oncology, Mount Zion Hospital Saroni Tumor Institite (Department Integrated With UCSF Radiation Oncology)
Honors & Awards
Listed in Best Doctors in America , Pacific Region Radiation Oncology of Breast cancer and Skin Cancer
- March 1997
Listed in Focus Magazine: Best Doctors in The Bay Area for Breast Cancer and Skin cancer
Listed in 1998-1999 "Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare"
Listed in Best Doctors in America Covering Entire Nation
American Board Of Radiology- Invited Examiner Breast Cancer
Awarded Fellowship in American College of Radiology
Awarded First "Teacher of the Year at UCSF in Year 2000" by Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology
Redbook Magazine-October 2001-Listed in "Top Breast Cancer Doctors in America"
Awarded "2001 Teacher of The Year Award At UCSF" by Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology
Awarded "2002 Teacher of The Year Award at UCSF" by the Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology
Ladies Home Journal April 2002 ; Listed in "Top Doctors for Women- Breast Cancer- Coast to Coast
Listed in "Best Doctors in America"
Listed in San Francisco Magazine "Top 500 Doctors- Bay Area" (Only Radiation Oncologist Listed in San Francisco)
Listed in San Francisco Magazine January 2003 "The Bay Areas 468 Best Doctors"
Awarded "2003 Teacher of the Year Award at UCSF" by Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology
- Dollinger M, Rosenbaum EH, Benz C, Goodson III WH, Friedman G, Sickles EA, Margolis LW, Meyler TS, Henderson IC: Breast cancer. In Dollinger M, Rosenbaum E, Cable G, eds. Everyone's Guide to Cancer Therapy. Kansas City: Andrews and McMeell; pp. 309-334; 1994
- Roach M, Akazawa PF, Pickett B, Purser P, Parkinson D, Meyler TS, Margolis L: Bilateral arcs using "averaged beams eye views: A simplified technique for delivering 3-D based conformal radiotherapy. Medical Dosimetry 19:159-168, 1994
- Weil M, Roach M, Pickett B, Kuerth S, Ling S, Margolis LM, Phillips TL. Effect of Tumor Location 3-Dimensional Conformal Radiotherapy of Lung Cancer. International Congress for Lung Cancer. June 22-26, 1994 In: Volumetto Estratto Da: International Congress for Lung Cancer. Athens, Greece: 1994, pp. 1017-1023
- Faillace-Akazawa P, Roach M, Pickett B, Parkinson D, Rathbun C, Margolis LW. A Three Dimensional Comparison of Blocked Arcs vs. Four and Six Field Conformal Treatment of the Prostate. 80th Annual Meeting of the RSNA, Radiology 193:174, 1994
- Roach, M, Pickett, B, Kuerth, S, Ling, S, Margolis, LM, Phillips, TL. Effect of Tumor Location Impacts On The Benefits Of Using High Dose 3-Dimensional Conformal Radiotherapy For Treating Lung Cancer. International Lung Cancer Meeting Greece 6/94
- Roach M, Yuo H-S, Swift PS, Shrieve DC, Wara WM, Margolis L, Phillips TL, Gandara DR. Fraction size and radiation pneumonitis (RP) following combined modality therapy (CMT) for lung cancer (LUC). American Society of Clinical Oncology, Abstract #1119, 14:365, 1995
- Roach M, Gandara, D.R., Yuo, H.S., Swift, P.S., Kroll, S. Shrieve, D.C., Wara, W.M., Margolis, L. Phillips, T.L. Radiation pneumonitis following combined modality therapy for lung cancer: Analysis of prognostic factors. J. of. Clin. Oncol. 13:2606-2612, 1995
- Geisse J, Grekin R, Margolis M Skin Cancer, "Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery An Integrated Program in Dermatology" edited by: Kenneth Arndt, M.D., Philip Leboit, June Robinson, Bruce Wintraub, Malignant Neoplasms of Keratinocytes Treatment W.B. Saunders Co pp. 1393-1432, 1995
- Roach III, M., Meehan, S., Kroll, S., Weil, M., Ryu, J., Small, E.J., Margolis, L.W., Presti, J., Carroll, P.C., Phillips, T.L. Radiotherapy for High-Grade Clinically Localized Adenocarcinoma of the Prostate. Proceedings of ASCO 15: 238, Abstract#590, 1996.
- Margolis, L, Welder, R. Chapter on Skin Cancer. In "Textbook of Radiation Oncology" edited by Steve Liebel, M.D. and Theodore L. Phillips, M.D. W.B. Saunders Co, (In Press)
- Akazawa, P.F., Roach III, M., Pickett, B., Purser, P., Parkinson, D., Rathbun, C., Margolis, L. "A Three Dimensional Comparison of Blocked Arcs vs. Four and Six Field Conformal Treatment of the Prostate. Radiotherapy and Oncology (In Press)
- Roach III, M, Burton, E., Kroll, S., Bevins, S., Ryu, J.K., Holland,J.M., Hunter, D.C., Rosenthal, S., Margolis, L.W., Phillips, T.L. 501 Men Irradiated for Clinically Localized Prostate Cancer (1987-1995): Preliminary Alanysis of the Experience at UCSF and Affiliated Facilities. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys (In Press).
- Roach III, M., Kroll, S., Pickett, B., Lewis, P., Burton, E., Bevins, S., Subariaium, S., Ryu, J.K., Holland, J.M., Hunter, D.C., Rosenthal, S., Meyler, T.S., Margolis, L.W., Phillips, T.L. The Impact of Radiation Dose on 513 Men Irradiated for Clinically Localized Prostate Cancer: Preliminary Analysis From UCSF and Afiiliated Facilities (1987-1995) Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. (Submitted).
- Massion,P.,Margolis,L.,Tripathy,D.. "Carcinoma In Situ of the Breast: From Molecular Biology to Clinical Practice" Submitted to Annals of Internal Medicine 1998