Go to http://coreadmin.ucsf.edu/ with your user name and password. Upon log-on, the screen lists the work orders you’ve submitted. To submit a new request, click on the “request new work order” button at the lower left corner of the screen which will bring you to “View Authorized Funds for Cores” page. You can also arrive to this screen by clicking on “View Authorized Funds for Cores” link under “My Work Orders” menu.
Select a Fund
To select the fund to charge, choose a core facility from the “Select a core facility” drop-down menu, then click the “order work” button on the right. If a fund is not listed, request your PI to authorize you to his/her valid FUND/DPA accounts.
Select a Service
- Select a service from the “select a core service” drop-down menu. Include the number of samples in the “qty” box.
- Enter the date you need the work completed.
- You can enter specific instructions in “Message for core manager”.
- Click the “Add Service” button.
- When selecting services that require instrument time (Genome Analysis, LCA, and Preclinical Therapeutics Core), you need to reserve time on the CoreAdmin calendar (see “Reserving Instrument Time” for instructions). When selecting services that require a document/paper form (Tissue Core, Mouse Pathology), you need to fill out the form and upload it along with your work order request (see “Uploading a document/paper form” for instructions).
Reserving Instrument Time
- In the yellow “selected services” box to the right, click the calendar icon that is located right in front of the service name.
- Select the instrument/device from the drop-down menu and click “submit.”
- Click “previous” or “next” to scroll through the calendar.
- Determine which date you want to run your samples.
- Click on the date (the actual number) to reserve a time slot. In the “add reservation” box, you can edit the date, select the time, and indicate the duration of use.
- Click the “add reservation” button. A green check mark should appear instead of the calendar icon right in front of the service name.
Uploading Document/Paper Form
- Services that require a paper form or document to be submitted with the samples are marked with a notepad icon right in front of the service name in the yellow “selected services” box.
- Click the notepad icon. Download the form by clicking the icon of a 3.5 floppy.
- Fill out the form and save it to your computer.
- Print a copy and submit it with your samples.
- Close the document/paper form.
- In the “Please submit the following document to proceed” window, click the “browse” button and chose the document to upload along with your work order.
- Click the “submit document” button.
- A green check mark will appear instead of the notepad icon right in front of the service name.
Submit Work Order
If you have more than one service in the yellow “selected services” box and want to delete a service, check “delete” and click the “update” button. Finally click the “Submit Work Order” button. Note: do not forget to click the “Submit Work Order” button after making the reservation. Otherwise, reservation will disappear after you logout or log back in again.
The “view billing rates” button will list the price for each service
Confirm Work Order Submission
You can confirm that your work order request has been submitted by clicking the “view work orders” link under “My Work Orders:” menu.
For further information about using CoreAdmin, contact Maria-Elena Moncada at email@example.com.
A searchable database of core facilities at all UCSF campus locations, provided by the Clinical and Translational Science Institute at UCSF, is available here.