Human Biospecimen Repository Services
To order work or inquire about new projects, please fill out this form.
Prospective and Retrospective Tissue Specimen Procurement Service
Quality assured, annotation-rich biospecimens collected with traceable informed consent. Whenever possible, blood is collected and processed to be paired with the tissue collection.
Solid Tissue Rapid Freezing Methods:
- Mirror-image, snap frozen tissue with FFPE for QC**: Tumor and matching normal is snap frozen in 100mg portions in cryovials. A mirror image portion is processed to FFPE and available for quality control. **Preferred method
- A digital image of an H&E stained FFPE section will be available, if necessary, for diagnosis/quality assessment.
- OCT embedded, snap frozen: Tumor and matching normal embedded in OCT and snap frozen. Tissue quality control is available by frozen section preparation.
Optimally Processed Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded Tissue:
- Tissue fixed in formalin and optimally processed: Tissue fixed for prescribed duration and then processed at low temperature to facilitate downstream molecular applications.
- Duration of fixation and processing conditions documented for quality control.
- A digital image of the H&E/Biomarker stained FFPE section will be available, if necessary, for diagnosis/quality assessment and biomarker research.
Fresh/Viable Tissue Procurement:
- Fresh tissue collected and placed in investigator prescribed culture media available for immediate distribution.
- A mirror image section is always taken and processed to FFPE for quality control.
- A digital image of the H&E/Biomarker stained FFPE section will be available, if necessary for diagnosis/quality assessment of the “founder tissue”.
Retrospective FFPE Block Retrieval
- QA/QC FFPE blocks and research FFPE blocks
- Retrieval of FFPE blocks from pathology archives in coordination with Pathology
- FFPE block storage and management
Blood Processing and Aliquoting: Whole blood, Plasma, Serum, Crude Buffy Coat
- Whole blood
- Buffy Coat
Urine Processing and Aliquoting
Saliva Processing and Aliquoting