Prostate Cancer Program Pilot Research Funding Awards
Submit a PDF of all application materials by 8:00 am on October 14, 2019 to:
The UCSF Prostate Cancer Program announces a call for applications for funding of pilot projects in prostate cancer research at UCSF and collaborating UC campuses. Funds are available to support 3-5 proposals. All areas of prostate cancer research at UCSF and collaborating UC campuses, including computational, laboratory, translational, clinical, and population sciences, are eligible for awards.
All areas of prostate cancer research at UCSF and collaborating UC campuses, including computational, laboratory, translational, clinical, and population sciences, are eligible. Please note that this is a call for primary research proposals, and not, for example, resource or infrastructure development.
$30,000-$50,000 total, direct costs only
Application Deadline and Award Term
EXTENDED Application deadline: 8AM, 14 October 2019
Award notification: 8 November 2019 (at the Program's Annual Scientific Retreat)
Award period: 1 January 2020 through 31 December 2020
- UCSF Faculty, including Instructors and Adjunct Professors, as of July 2019
- UCSF Trainees (e.g., Residents, Fellows, Students, Postdocs) and non-Faculty (e.g., Specialists), mentored by UCSF Faculty
- UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Santa Cruz Faculty, collaborating with UCSF Faculty
- Joint proposals by co-investigators/co-applicants, as eligible above, are welcome.
Priorities for Funding
- Early career investigators (Junior Faculty and Trainees)
Proposals in any of the following areas are especially encouraged:
- Molecular epidemiology
- Medical informatics and data science
- Translational research (especially development of novel therapies)
- Disparities research
Complete applications are to be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:00AM, Monday, 14 October 2019. Application components, as specified in the RFA, should be compiled as a single PDF file. In the event that an application file size exceeds limits on email attachments, please provide a download link (e.g., from UCSF Box) on the same deadline. In fairness to all applicants, late submissions cannot be considered.
All applications will be reviewed by the UCSF Prostate Cancer Program Leadership Committee in the selection of three to five proposals for funding. In addition to the priorities stated under the Award Description, the significance of the proposal to research in prostate cancer and the potential of the project to lead to further funded research will be considered.
For more details, please download the RFA.