New Directions in Prostate Cancer Research Awards
Submit a PDF of all application materials by 5:00 pm on July 17, 2017 to:
Adina Bailey, email@example.com
The UCSF Prostate Cancer Program seeks to fund pilot projects in prostate cancer research led by UCSF Faculty, prioritizing young investigators. Funds are available to support three proposals.
Award amount: $50,000 total, direct costs only
- Application deadline: July 17, 2017
- Award notification date: November 2017
- Award activation date: January 1, 2018
- Award duration: 12 months from award activation
UCSF Faculty, including Instructors and Adjunct Professors, as of July 2017
Residents, Fellows, Specialists
Any, including basic, translational, clinical, and population sciences
- Young investigators (Assistant Professors and junior)
- Investigators new to prostate cancer research
- New research directions requiring pilot funding
Applications are to be submitted as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each application should be submitted as a single PDF file according to the following specifications. No additional materials, including recommendation letters, should be included in the application file.
Application format requirements:
- 11 pt. Arial font
- minimum 0.5 inch margins
- numbered pages
Application PDF file components:
- 1. Completed application cover page (see above)
- 2. Contents page
3. Research proposal
- 2 page maximum, including figures and tables, excluding references
- The proposal should address background and significance, aims, approach, and potential challenges of the proposed project.
- 4. Proposal references
5. Itemized budget and narrative justification
- 1 page maximum
- Costs which are not allowable: administrative salaries, personal computers, travel, subcontracts, student tuition and fees.
- 6. Any letters of collaboration or support. (Note: letters of institutional or departmental support are not required.)
Complete applications are due 5:00 pm, July 17, 2017. In fairness to all applicants, exceptions will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed by the Prostate Cancer Program Leadership committee in the selection of three proposals for funding. In addition to the priorities stated under the Award Description, the significance of the proposal to research in prostate cancer, as well as the overall merit of the proposal and promise of the applicant to deliver on the proposal will be evaluated.
Requirements for Release of Funding
- Completed award acceptance form, including signature of awardee’s department chair
- If applicable, CHR and IACUC approvals
Written award progress reports must be submitted within 60 days of the termination of the award. Specifications to be provided on award offer.
Results of funded projects will be presented at a UCSF Prostate Cancer Program research seminar to be scheduled within 12 months following the close of the award period.
Publications resulting from funded proposals should acknowledge this award.