The Ida & Joseph Friend Cancer Resource Center
Please see our guidebook for information on the Cancer Center and the many UCSF programs that support patients and caregivers during cancer treatment and care.
The New Patient Orientation Presentation includes information for the incoming patient and their support team to help navigate around the Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center. Includes practical tips such as directions and parking as well as more complex issues like communicating effectively with your provider. Available in English, Filipino, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, and Vietnamese.
The Cancer Resource Center supports wellness and healing by providing patients and their loved ones with information, emotional support, and community resources.
The center maintains a multimedia library, provides access to specialized health databases, and offers research assistance. We host diverse classes and ongoing support groups. All programs are available at no cost.
The Cancer Resource Center (Mount Zion) is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
1600 Divisadero St., B-101, San Francisco
Visit our satellite desk at Mission Bay.
1825 Fourth Street, 4th Floor (clinic waiting room), San Francisco
Ongoing classes are posted on our online calendar.
Planning your visit
- Directions to Mount Zion campus.
- Public Parking at UCSF campuses.
- Short-term Lodging Guide provides information on hotels near UCSF’s campuses at Mt. Zion, Mission Bay, and Parnassus for out-of-town patients and caregivers.
- Friend to Friend, at UCSF Medical Center/Mt. Zion, is a one-stop specialty shop for wigs, scarves, prostheses, and more.
- Art for Recovery provides individuals who are coping with life-threatening illness with art workshops, visits at the bedside, and individual attention.