- 1/2 cup brewed green tea (cold) OR 1/2 tsp. Matcha green tea powder
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 1/2 T ground flax or chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon*
- 1/8 tsp. ginger (dried) or ½ tsp. fresh ginger minced
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fress or frozen berries
- 1/2 cup other fresh or frozen fruit such as strawberries, cherries, banana or mango
- 2 cups packed baby spinach or kale · ¼ avocado (optional for a creamier texture)
- 1 dried, pitted date, chopped (optional for a sweeter flavor)
- Add prepared green tea and almond milk to blender. If using Matcha green tea powder instead of brewed green tea increase the amount of almond milk to 1 1/2 cups.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients in the order listed ending with the greens.
- Blend at very low speed until ingredients are mixed then gradually increase speed to high and blend well for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately (If unable to serve immediately, please omit the seeds as gelling will occur and it will be less palatable).
- 1 scoop protein powder (whey, hemp or pea protein)
- 1-2 T almond butter
- 1/4 avocado or a combination of these options to add calories, protein and healthy fats to this smoothie.
- If using fresh fruit you can add ½ -1 cup ice to mixture if a thicker smoothie is desired.
Yields 2 servings (8 oz. each)
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 167; Total Fat 10g; Saturated Fat 1g; Carbohydrate 18g; Fiber 10g; Protein 7g; Sodium 184mg