Coconut Quinoa Chia Granola
Here is a great way to start your day, or enjoy as a snack. The ancient Andean grain quinoa , and the Mexican-native chia seed are both known to be high in plant-based dietary proteins. Protein plays a fundamental role in structuring and repairing the cells of the entire body.
- 1 cup rolled oats (or steel cut oats)
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped/slivered/sliced
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 3T coconut oil
- 3T maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, quinoa, almonds, chia seeds, and salt.
- In a smaller separate bowl, melt coconut oil in a microwave and add maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and mix thoroughly.
- Spread an even layer of the mixture across the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake on the third rack from the bottom of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove granola from the oven and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Let cool completely and do not touch.
Yields 24 servings (2T each)
Nutrition Information per serving: Calories 135; Total Fat 8g; Saturated Fat 2g; Carbohydrate 12g; Fiber 2g; Protein 4g; Sodium 17mg
Recipe adapted from iFoodReal.com