Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies
These little heart-healthy, vegan goodies are bursting with a range of nutrients from four different food groups – whole grains, fruits, vegetables and proteins! Enjoy as a balanced breakfast or snack food anytime.
- 1 cup “old fashioned” rolled oats
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup shredded apple (peel included)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans or any nut you prefer
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 T hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-size bowl and mix well.
- Drop heaping scoops of mixture into mounded cookies, about ¼ - ⅓ cup mixture per cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are slightly firm to the touch, but still tender.
Yields 12 servings (one cookie each) Nutrition Information per serving: Calories 117; Total Fat 5g; Saturated Fat 1g; Carbohydrate 18g; Fiber 3g; Protein 3g; Sodium 5mg
Recipe, photo, and nutrient analysis adapted from Leah Swanson, RDN, CD URL: http://gotnourishment.com/recipe/morning-glory-breakfast-cookies/