What your gift means to the UCSF Cancer Immunotherapy Program
Your gift to the UCSF Cancer Immunotherapy Program will help advance our mission of developing cutting-edge cancer immunotherapies and allowing patients early access to potential breakthrough treatments. By harnessing the immune system’s immense power, we aim to find novel ways to treat not just one type of cancer but all cancers. The mission of the UCSF Cancer Immunotherapy Program is to provide patients and their families with streamlined access to cutting-edge cancer immunotherapies by bringing together expert UCSF physicians from across all cancer sub-specialties, working closely with scientists from UCSF and beyond to develop the cancer treatments of the future. This comprehensive, innovative approach integrates world-class clinical care and dynamic research capabilities in order to accelerate the pace of discovery for the benefit of our patients.
Thank you for considering a gift to the UCSF Cancer Immunotherapy Program. All gifts—regardless of amount—are valuable, and go directly towards advancing the goal of curing cancer through a better understanding of the immune system.
Annual and one-time gifts – Philanthropic donation is the cornerstone of support for the Cancer Immunotherapy Program. Our program would not exist without the generosity of donors like you who provide crucial funding for our research and clinical efforts. Annual gifts are particularly valuable because they offer immediate and flexible dollars, enabling us to fill gaps in funding and to seize new opportunities as they arise.
Partnership opportunities/directed gifts – Donors interested in making major investments may choose to partner with the Cancer Immunotherapy Program and direct their support to a targeted area of interest. Below are examples of the impact of gifts in our key areas: Clinical Care, Research and Education.
- Supports clinical research staff needed to execute, manage, and coordinate research studies and protocols related to cancer immunotherapy for patients.
- Funds professional development opportunities for clinical research staff to provide continuing education on latest immunotherapy treatments for patients.
- Invests in innovative bioinformatics systems to increase efficiency in research data management for clinical trials.
- Enables the collection and analysis of key biomarker samples to help us better understand the way that cancer immunotherapies work.
- Funds postdoctoral researchers or clinical research fellows who will help bring cancer immunotherapy ideas from the benchtop to the patient’s bedside.
- Supports laboratories pursuing innovative research projects focused on key areas in cancer immunotherapy (e.g., immune monitoring, vaccine development).
Education and Training:
- Supports medical fellowship to initiate training for a physician with a special interest in cancer immunotherapy.
- Facilitates creation of patient/provider education materials for distribution.
- Provides the means to support educational outreach seminars to the community (e.g., patients, nurses, physicians).
For more information about the Cancer Immunotherapy Program and giving opportunities, please contact:
Director of Development, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center