UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
of interest to the UCSF cancer community
view online | corrections | unsubscribe | follow us on Twitter
In the Media
New Cancer Immunotherapeutics program and Clinical Trials Unit
U.S. News & World Report Ranking
- from Alan Ashworth
It is with great pleasure that I announce the launch of a new Cancer Immunotherapeutics program and Clinical Trials Unit in the HDFCCC under the leadership of Larry Fong. This initiative reflects the tremendous strides made in the field, UCSF's leadership for over two decades in this arena, and our critical mass of world class investigators.
> read full announcement
Welcome to new HDFCCC Members
- UCSF Medical Center is one of the nation's premier hospitals for the 14th consecutive year, ranking as the eighth best hospital in the country in the 2015-2016 America's Best Hospitals survey, which was published by U.S. News & World Report today
HDFCCC In the MEDIA
HDFCCC Speakers/Programmatic Events
- Wednesday, Aug 19: Diller Building Journal Club Arman Jahangiri
- Friday, Aug 21: Molecular Tumor Board
Friday Sept 4: Cancer Center Weekly Seminars Series resumes with Steven Reed, PhD, The Scripps Research Institute.
- Wednesday Sept 9: Pediatric Malignancies Program Retreat Topic: Neuroblastoma
- Wednesday Sept 16: Annual Prostate Cancer Research Retreat
8:00am - 5:30pm, Mission Bay Conference Center.
This year's retreat will include speakers selected from each abstract category:
Population Sciences / Outcomes Research
Clinical Trials and Translational Research
Preclinical Biomarkers and Laboratory Research
ABSTRACTS ARE DUE Friday, 8/28/15, 5:00 PM PST
- Wednesday Sept 30: Breast Oncology Program Weekly Seminars Series resumes, schedule coming soon.
- Saturday Oct 10:
Taste for the Cure: A Taste of Science
The UCSF Carol Franc Buck Breast Care Center will host an annual day of discovery exploring the impact of both food and science on breast health. The 2015 agenda includes panel discussions on coping with a cancer diagnosis, clinical care and clinical trials, and advancing personalized medicine. There will also be visual displays detailing the current work of Breast Care Center researchers, healthy food tastings offered by local chefs, nutritional guidance, a cooking demonstration, and a variety of resources for the breast cancer community.
Conferences, Symposia, Retreats
Have news to share with HDFCCC Members or the larger cancer community at UCSF?
Submit an email for the next HDFCCC News/Announcements eNewsletter
Karen Gehrman, Communications
415.476.5438 (voice) | firstname.lastname@example.org