UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
of interest to the UCSF cancer community
view online | corrections | unsubscribe | follow us on Twitter
Welcome to new HDFCCC Members
Welcome to Vicky Agnew, the new Director of Integrated Marketing and Communications for the UCSF Cancer Center. Read more.
- Jocelyn S. Chapman, MD - Associate Member, Cancer, Immunity, and Microenvironment, Cancer Genetics
- Hani Goodarzi, PhD - Member, Breast Oncology, Prostate Cancer
- Yong Huang, PhD - Member, Developmental Therapeutics
- Susan Ming Lee, MD, FRCPC, MAS - Associate Member, Tobacco Control
- Lisa McConlogue, PhD - Associate Member, Developmental Therapeutics
- Hilde Schjerven, PhD - Associate Member, Hematopoietic Malignancies
- Elliot Stieglitz, MD - Associate Member, Pediatric Malignancies
- Jack Taunton, PhD - Associate Member, Cancer, Immunity, and Microenvironment
- Chia-Ching Jackie Wang, MD - Member, Cancer, Immunity, and Microenvironment
Awards & Distinctions
- Dean Schillinger, MD and Andy Bindman, MD are co-awardees of the 2016 Harold S. Luft Award for Mentoring in Health Services and Health Policy Research.
- Rahul Aggarwal, MD was a recipient of the 2016 NCI Cancer Clinical Investigator Team Leadership Award, which supports clinical investigators with an outstanding record of developing and promoting a culture of successful clinical research. Learn more.
- Rushika Perera, PhD received a Pathway to Leadership Grant from the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network and AACR for her project, "Targeting Nutrient Scavenging Pathways That Fuel Pancreatic Cancer Growth." Learn more.
- Laura Fejerman, PhD was elected to the AACR Minorities in Cancer Research (MICR) Council. Learn more.
- Alexander Marson, MD, PhD and Bruce Wang, MD received the Career Award for Medical Scientists from Burroughs Wellcome. Learn more.
- Rena Pasick, DrPH -- along with co-investigators Celia Kaplan, Galen Joseph, Janice Tsoh, Judith Luce, Niharika Dixit, and Robin Lee -- received an NCI R01 grant for their project, "Comparison of 3 modes of genetic counseling in high-risk public hospital patients." Learn more.
- Charles Truillet, PhD, a postdoctoral scholar in the Evans laboratory, received a postdoctoral fellowship from the Department of Defense's Prostate Cancer Research Program.
HDFCCC In the MEDIA
- More Nonsmoking Teens Inhaling Flavored Nicotine Through Vaping [Glantz]
July 11, 2016 source: NY Times
- Biden swings at data hoarders [Butte]
June 30, 2016 source: Politico
I-SPY 2 Shows Efficacy of T-DM1-Pertuzumab
June 25, 2016 source: Oncology Times
Tumors have found a bloody new way to grow and spread [McDonald]
June 16, 2016 source: Science
Anti-PD-L1 Drug Scores Again in Bladder Cancer [Venook]
June 9, 2016, source: Medpage Today
Doctor Targets Gene Mutations for Cancer Care [Munster]
June 8, 2016 source: NBC News
Immunotherapy proving successful in fighting hard to treat cancers [Ryan]
June 6, 2016 source: CTVNews.ca
Have drug hunters finally cracked KRas? [McCormick, Shokat]
June 6, 2016 source: Chemical & Engineering News
Conferences, Symposia, Retreats
Have news to share with HDFCCC Members or the larger cancer community at UCSF? Send us the details.
Erin Hayes, Communications
415.476.5445 (voice) | email@example.com