UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
of interest to the UCSF cancer community
view online | corrections | unsubscribe | follow us on Twitter
In the Media
Welcome to new HDFCCC Members
- Kevin M. Shannon, MD and colleagues received a $10 million DHART (Developmental and HyperActive Ras Tumor) SPORE Award. The grant caps more than 20 years of joint research by Dr. Shannon and co-principal investigator D. Wade Clapp, MD, of Indiana University School of Medicine, and their colleagues on neurofibromatosis type 1 (NF1). Learn more.
- Daniel Bikle, MD, PhD, received the HDFCCC T3 Award for his project, "Vitamin D Signaling Protects the Skin from Cancer Development" (Co-Investigators Sarah Arron, Dennis Oh, Alma Burlingame)
- Michael Korn, MD, received the HDFCCC T3 Award for his project, "Targeting BRCAness in Gastroesophageal Cancers" (Co-Investigators Eric Collisson, Lawrence Fong)
HDFCCC In the MEDIA
- Wednesday Sept 16: Annual Prostate Cancer Research Retreat
8:00am - 5:30pm, Mission Bay Conference Center
- Wednesday Sept 16: Annual Pediatric Malignancies Program Retreat
8:00am - 12:00pm, 1450 3rd Street HD-160
- Friday Sept 18: Cancer Center Seminar Series - Nathanael Gray, PhD, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Wednesday Sept 23: Cancer Center & Pfizer CTI Presentation
- Wednesday Sept 30: Breast Oncology Program Weekly Seminars Series resumes, schedule coming soon.
- Monday Oct 5: Cancer Control Program Seminar - William Nelson, MD, PhD, Director, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Saturday Oct 10:
Taste for the Cure: A Taste of Science
The UCSF Carol Franc Buck Breast Care Center will host an annual day of discovery exploring the impact of both food and science on breast health. The 2015 agenda includes panel discussions on coping with a cancer diagnosis, clinical care and clinical trials, and advancing personalized medicine. There will also be visual displays detailing the current work of Breast Care Center researchers, healthy food tastings offered by local chefs, nutritional guidance, a cooking demonstration, and a variety of resources for the breast cancer community.
Conferences, Symposia, Retreats
EMPLOYMENT/TRAINING: Junior/Assistant Specialist, Glantz Lab
EMPLOYMENT/TRAINING: Cancer Bioinformaticist, Bivona Lab
EMPLOYMENT/TRAINING: Research Project Manager/Staff Research Associate IV-Supervisor Dr. Rebecca Sudore is searching for a stellar manager for research program focused on advance care planning.
EMPLOYMENT/TRAINING: Giannini Foundation Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
EMPLOYMENT/TRAINING: View openings at QB3 startups and affiliaties including:
- Senior Scientist, Assay Development, Diassess Inc.
- Research Assistant, ZymoChem
- Scientist, ZymoChem
- Research Associate II Analytical Chemistry, Circle Pharma
- Scientist/Senior Scientist, Synthetic Peptide Chemistry, Circle Pharma
EMPLOYMENT/TRAINING: Senior Scientist - Biomarker Development, Cancer Immunotherapies at Genentech
Have news to share with HDFCCC Members or the larger cancer community at UCSF?
Submit an email for the next HDFCCC News/Announcements eNewsletter
Erin Hayes, Communications
415.476.5445 (voice) | firstname.lastname@example.org