UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
of interest to the UCSF cancer community
view online | corrections | unsubscribe | follow us on Twitter
Welcome to New Members
- Sara Louise Ackerman, MPH, PhD - Associate Member, Cancer Control
- John Gordan, MD, PhD - Associate Member, Developmental Therapeutics
- Daniel K. Nomura, PhD - Associate Member, Breast Oncology
- Bjoern Schwer, MD, PhD - Associate Member, Neurologic Oncology, Cancer Genetics
Save the Date: 2016 UCSF Cancer Center Symposium
Awards & Distinctions
- Markus Muschen, MD, PhD and Edward Chang, MD were named Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) Faculty Scholars. Read more.
- Lawrence Green, MPH, DrPH will receive the Sedgwick Memorial Medal for Distinguished Service in Public Health, the oldest and most prestigious award bestowed by the American Public Health Association.
- Jin Kim, PhD won the inaugural UCSF Postdoc Slam competition for her talk titled "Promoting Smoking Cessation by Addressing Food Insecurity."
- The National Science Foundation (NSF) has awarded $24 million over five years for a new bioengineering center based at UCSF. The Center for Cellular Construction will be directed by Wallace Marshall, PhD and co-directed by Wendell Lim, PhD and Zev Gartner, PhD.
- Alan Ashworth, PhD, FRS was recently honored at the American Cancer Society's annual Discovery Gala in San Francisco. Dr. Ashworth received the recognition for his work on the team that discovered the BRCA-2 gene and for his ongoing contributions to cancer research and treatment.
HDFCCC In the MEDIA
Conferences, Symposia, Retreats
Have news to share with HDFCCC Members or the larger cancer community at UCSF? Send us the details.
Erin Hayes, Communications
415.476.5445 (voice) | firstname.lastname@example.org