UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
of interest to the UCSF cancer community
view online | corrections | unsubscribe | follow us on Twitter
In the Media
Awards & Distinctions
Welcome to new HDFCCC Members
- Michelle Arkin, PhD - Member, Developmental Therapeutics
- Mary Helen Barcellos-Hoff, PhD - Member, Breast Oncology, Cancer, Immunity, and Microenvironment
- Atul Butte, MD, PhD - Member, Developmental Therapeutics, Cancer Genetics
- Maria Wei, MD, PhD - Member, Developmental Therapeutics, Cancer Genetics
- Elizabeth Blackburn, PhD, Professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, will leave UCSF to become President of the Salk Institute for Biological Sciences. Read more.
- Rachel Pearline, MD, a fellow in the Hematology/Oncology Division, passed away in early November, 18 months after a diagnosis of Stage IV gastric cancer. To honor Rachel, you can make a tribute donation to the SFGH hematology-oncology clinics, or contribute to the UCSF Rachel Pearline Endowment.
- Beth Crawford, Director of the HDFCCC's Cancer Genetics and Prevention Program, will retire after overseeing the program for over 19 years. Learn more.
HDFCCC In the MEDIA
Thanksgiving evokes memories for Marin breast cancer survivor who underwent new treatment [Moasser]
November 25, 2015, source: Marin Independent Journal
Scientists Looking at Nature, Not the Lab, for New Cancer Treatments [Chan]
November 18, 2015, source: Healthline
Researchers identify a new mode of drug resistance to emerging therapies in prostate cancer [Ruggero]
November 17, 2015, source: Medical Xpress
Genetic Tests Show How Sunlight Turns Moles into Melanoma [Bastian]
November 13, 2015, source: NBC News
Controversial Approach Calls For Delaying Treatment For Some Forms Of Breast Cancer [Esserman]
November 11, 2015, source: CBS Local Chicago
UCSF develops possible alternative to chemotherapy [Lim]
November 9, 2015, source: KTVU News
- Cancer Center Impact Grant offers $250,000 to support a high-risk, high-reward research project that significantly impacts cancer
- New documents added to the Truth Tobacco Industry Documents (formerly known as LTDL)
- Arnold Perkins, Chair of the HDFCCC Community Advisory Board, will serve on the board of the California Wellness Foundation beginning in January 2016. Read more.
- The Research Grants Program Office in the UC Office of the President issues a Request for Proposals for the Cancer Research Coordinating Committee (CRCC) awards for 2017.
- Give Breast Cancer the Boot funds projects that focus on quality of life, new treatment options, decision support, and survivorship for breast cancer patients at UCSF.
- Wednesday, Dec 2: Drug Discovery Club
Mike Pourdehnad, MD, Director, Translational Development, Hematology/Oncology, Celgene
- Wednesday, Dec 2: Breast Oncology Program Seminar
Irene Acerbi, PhD, Postdoctoral Scholar (Valerie Weaver Lab), Surgery
- Friday, Dec 4: Friday Cancer Center Seminar Series
Dr. Alan Ashworth, PhD, FRS, President, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Thursday, Dec 10 - Sunday, Dec 13: Third International Biannual Evolution and Cancer Conference (IBECC 2015)
Theme: Evolutionary Tradeoffs and Clinical Consequences
- Wednesday, Dec 16: Prostate Cancer Program Quarterly Research Workshop
Please RSVP to email@example.com by 12/9
Conferences, Symposia, Retreats
- The Center for Tobacco Control Research & Education is seeking candidates for the next cohort of postdoctoral fellows. The deadline for submitting applications is January 20, 2016, for fellowships beginning on July 1, 2016. Learn more.
- EMPLOYMENT/TRAINING: Research Specialist Position, Fujimori Lab, UCSF Mission Bay
- EMPLOYMENT/TRAINING: Assistant Faculty Member, Cancer Prevention Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- EMPLOYMENT/TRAINING: Assistant Professor, Cancer Immunology, University of Pennsylvania
- EMPLOYMENT/TRAINING: Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Notable Labs
- EMPLOYMENT/TRAINING: Associate & Full Professor positions in Cancer Control & Population Health Research, University of Virginia
EMPLOYMENT/TRAINING: View openings at QB3 startups and affiliaties including:
- Process Engineer, Nano Precision Medical
- Bioinformaticist, Xcell Biosciences
- Director, Product Engineering, Xcell Biosciences
- SEEKING EMPLOYMENT: Warren R. Steele
Have news to share with HDFCCC Members or the larger cancer community at UCSF? Send us the details.
Erin Hayes, Communications
415.476.5445 (voice) | firstname.lastname@example.org