About the Program
UCSF is a recognized world leader in developing innovative solutions to health care delivery problems. This culture of innovation has led to the development of a new UCSF NP Fellowship to address the ongoing need for qualified Hematology and Oncology Advanced Practice Providers.
The application deadline is March 31, 2021. See below for application information. For questions or more information, email [email protected].
UCSF also offers a Surgical and Critical Care NP Fellowship Program. Click to learn more.
Our First Cohort
Our first cohort is an opportunity for 2 novice Nurse Practitioners to complete a rigorous twelve-month program providing over 2000 total hours of cancer-based training with didactic and focused clinical rotations including:
- An onboarding didactic introduction to cancer from staging to end of life, providing a foundation of knowledge for fellowship clinical rotations
- Eight six-week specialty rotations customized for each candidate with options including:
- Hematology, medical oncology, surgical oncology
- Inpatient and ambulatory settings, including infusion
- Multiple UCSF locations
- The final rotation will be based on candidate identification of specialty areas of long-term interest
- Completion and presentation of a scholarly project
Cancer Center NP Fellows will be mentored by seasoned UCSF Hematology and Oncology Nurse Practitioners with oversight by UCSF’s Associate Chief of Advanced Practice and a distinguished roster of faculty with input from Cancer Center leadership and stakeholders.
Fellows will receive performance feedback framed in practice-based knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Minimum of 3 years adult medical/surgical nursing experience or minimum of 2 years medical oncology nursing experience or equivalent experience
- Current AHA CPR certification
- Current AHA ACLS certification
- Demonstrated excellence in scholarship, communication, leadership, problem resolution, and teaching
- Graduation from an accredited NP program (earned or pending) earned in the previous 18 months prior to the fellowship start date
- Current RN and NP licensure by the California Board of Registered Nursing
- California furnishing license upon start
- Adult or Family APRN National Board Certification from ANCC (AG-ACNP, AG-PCNP or FNP) or AANP (AG-PCNP)
- DEA license upon start
Any employment offer with UCSF is contingent on the following:
- Successful background check
- A health clearance through UCSF Occupational Health department
- A negative substance abuse screening test
- Verification of any documents required for the position
- Verification of identity and eligibility to work in the USA
- The completion of the new hire process, including all required paperwork
- Credentialing process via the UCSF Medical Staff Services Office.
Application Process and Cycle
Required Supporting Documentation
- Letter of interest
- Personal Statement reflecting on your professional goals
- Three (3) letters of professional recommendation, one from each of the following:
- A graduate nursing school professor
- A clinical preceptor graduate nurse
- A current supervisor
- or a 2nd clinical preceptor graduate nurse
Please submit your application with supporting documentation no later than March 31 to [email protected].