Anu Agrawal, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, UCSF
Cancer Center Program MembershipsPediatric Malignancies
- University of Texas at Austin, BA, 12/98, Liberal Arts
- University of Texas at Austin, BS, 12/98, Mechanical Engineering
- Baylor College of Medicine, MD, 05/04, Medicine
- Children’s Hospital and Research Center Oakland, 06/07, Pediatrics
- Children’s Hospital and Research Center Oakland, 06/11, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Honors & Awards
Baylor Presidential Scholar
Honorable Mention, Eppswright Award for Outstanding Research in Orthopedic Surgery
Children's Hospital and Research Center Oakland Pediatric Housestaff Teaching Award
American Society of Hematology Travel Award
UCSF Resource Allocation Program Award: Evaluating the feasibility of hospital-based registries to characterize pediatric malignancies in Vietnam
Cancer League Award: Pharmacokinetics and pharmacogenomics of pediatric cancer therapeutics
- Agrawal AK, Chang PP, Feusner J. Twice weekly Pneumocystis jiroveci prophylaxis with trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole in pediatric patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 2011;33:e1-e4.
- Agrawal AK, Saini N, Gildengorin G, Feusner JH. Is routine computed tomographic scanning justified in the first week of persistent febrile neutropenia in children with malignancies? Pediatr Blood Cancer 2011;57:620-624.
- Agrawal AK, Feusner JH. Management of tumour lysis syndrome in children: what is the evidence for rasburicase in non-hyperleucocytic leukaemia? Brit J Haematol 2011;153:275-277.
- Anglemyer A, Agrawal AK, Rutherford GW. Treatment of Kaposi sarcoma in children with HIV-1 infection. Cochrane Sys Database Rev 2014;1:CD009826.
- Reddy-Holdcraft S, Mehta PS, Agrawal AK. Paclitaxel for relapsed or recurrent HIV-associated pediatric Kaposi sarcoma [correspondence]. AIDS 2014;28:800-802.
- El-Mallawany NK, Kamiyango W, Villiera J et al. Proposal of a risk-stratification platform to address distinct clinical features of pediatric Kaposi sarcoma in Lilongwe, Malawi. J Glob Oncol 2018;1-7.
- Slone J, Slone A, Oaitse W et al. Advancing pediatric oncology in Botswana: a report from the Botswana Pediatric Oncology Database. J Glob Oncol 2018;4:1-9;doi: 10.1200/JGO.17.00095.
- Agrawal AK, Bonilla-Aguilar A, Feusner J. Unifying the diagnosis of isolated central nervous system relapse in acute lymphoblastic leukemia based on minimal residual disease testing. Br J Haematol 2019;184:1026-1027.
- Pariury H, Wilhoitte J, Michlitsch J, Agrawal AK. Potassium supplementation mitigates corticosteroid-induced neuropsychiatric effects in pediatric oncology patients. J Pediatr Hematol/Oncol 2019;36:445-450.