Tobacco/Smoking Cessation Support
Tobacco-free Living: Part of Your Treatment for Cancer
Whether you are trying to prevent cancer, are newly diagnosed, undergoing treatment, or are a cancer survivor, living tobacco-free is an integral part of your cancer care.
Facing a cancer diagnosis can be stressful.
- If you smoke, this can put you in a difficult situation.
- We understand how hard it can be to try to stop or change your smoking at this time
It is never too late to stop smoking. People with cancer who stop can experience benefits, including:
- Feeling more in control of their lives
- Improved effectiveness of cancer treatments
- Fewer and less serious treatment side effects
- Faster recovery from treatment
- Decreased risk of developing new cancers
- Lower risk of infection
- Easier breathing
- Less fatigue
- Ask your provider to refer you, or call the Fontana Tobacco Treatment Center to speak with a tobacco treatment specialist
- Our tobacco treatment specialists will answer your questions and describe your options for smoking cessation counseling and support