Duke University B.S. 05/00 Biology
Yale University M.P.H. 05/02 Health Policy
Medical College of Georgia M.D. 05/06 Medicine
Beth Israel Deaconess, Harvard Medical School Intern 06/07 Internal Medicine
Beth Israel Deaconess, Harvard Medical School Resident 06/09 Internal Medicine
University of California, San Francisco Fellow 06/12 Oncology
Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Hematology/Oncology, UCSF
Non-ACGME Fellow, Division of Hematology/Oncology, UCSF
ACGME Fellow, Division of Hematology/Oncology, UCSF
Honors & Awards
NANETS Clinical Investigator Scholarship
AHRQ K12 PARTNERS Program Scholar
Young Investigator Award, ASCO Conquer Cancer Foundation
Yale/Johnson & Johnson Physician Scholar in International Health, South Africa
Nomination by Harvard Medical School Class of 2008 for Excellence in Teaching
Dean’s Prize for Outstanding MPH Thesis, Yale University
Weinerman Fellowship for Social Justice, Yale University
Graduation with Distinction in Biology, Duke University
Howard Hughes Undergraduate Fellowship in Neuroscience, Duke University
- 1.Ortiz, G.M., Wellons, M., Brancato, J., Vo, H.T., Zinn, R.L., Clarkson, D.E., Van Loon, K., Bonhoeffer, S., Miralles, G.D., Montefiori, D., Bartlett, J.A., Nixon, D.F. Structured antiretroviral treatment interruptions in chronically HIV-1-infected subjects. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 2001. 98(23):13288-93.
- 2. Van Loon, K., Lindegger, G. Informed consent in clinical trials: Perceptions and experiences of a sample of South African researchers. Health South Africa Gesondheid. 2009. 14(1):81-87.
- 3.Van Loon, K., Venook, A.P. Adjuvant treatment of colon cancer: what is next? Current Opinion in Oncology. July 2011. 23(4): 403-9.
- 4.Van Loon, K., Gill, R.M., McMahon, P., et al. 20q- Clonality in a Case of Oral Sweet Syndrome and Myelodysplasia. American Journal of Clinical Pathology. 2012. 137(2): 310-5.
- 5.Van Loon, K., Venook, A.P. Metastatic Colorectal Cancer: A Curable Disease. Oncology. March 13, 2012. 26(3): 275-2.
- 6.Van Loon, K., Venook, A.P. Adjuvant therapy in stage II colon cancer: Pain not justified by the gain. JNCCN. November 1, 2012. 10(11):1379-86.
- 7.Van Loon, K., Wigler, D., Niedzwiecki, D. et al. Comparison of dietary and lifestyle habits among stage III and metastatic colorectal cancer patients: Findings from CALGB 89803 and CALGB 80405. Clinical Colorectal Cancer. January 2013. (Epub ahead of print).
- 8.Van Loon, K., Espinoza, A.M., Fogelman, D.R., et al. Should combination chemotherapy serve as the backbone in clinical trials of advanced pancreatic cancer?: A pooled analysis of phase II trials of gemcitabine-containing doublets plus bevacizumab. (submitted).
- 1. Thompson, R.J., and Van Loon, K. (2002). “Mental disorders.” In T.J. Boll (Series Ed.) & S.B. Johnson, N.W. Perry, & R.H. Rozensky (Vol. Eds.), Healthcare Psychology Handbook: Vol. 3. Disease Applications (143-72). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- 2. Van Loon, K., Tempero, M. (in press). “Pancreatic Cancer.” In Expert Clinical Perspective on the Diagnosis & Management of Cancer. Oxford, UK.