Support Our Work
Contributions to the UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center can be earmarked to several of the Cancer Resource Center's important programs.
Donate by mail:
Print and complete our donor-response form and mail it to:
Cancer Resource Center
P.O. Box 45339
San Francisco, CA 94145-0339
As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to help patients connect with the supportive care services they need, as well as to learn within the environment of a major cancer center. The program provides individual on-the-job training and offers group trainings during the year.
- Answer inquiries about our supportive care programs and services
- Direct patients to our patient educational materials
- Update our databases of cancer resources and support groups
- Work on special projects with Cancer Resource Center staff
- Assist in our library
- Provide administrative and programming support
- Bring lunch to patients undergoing chemotherapy
Requirements for volunteering are:
- a solid commitment of one shift a week for a minimum of six months
- attend the general UCSF Volunteer Services orientation
- strong communication skills and a desire to engage with others
- a desire to help
- a desire to learn
In order to better gauge your interests and availability, we request that you complete our volunteer interest form and mail or email it to:
Paul Asfour, Volunteer Program Manager
UCSF Cancer Resource Center
1600 Divisadero St., Room B-101
San Francisco, CA 94115
You will be contacted after your form is received. Please contact Paul with any volunteering questions at 415-885-3785 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Amazon Wish List
The Cancer Resource Center maintains a 1,500 title patient lending library. Every effort is made to ensure materials are current and relevant. The library is 100% supported by donations and grants. Donating a book can make a wonderful difference to a cancer patient!
- Go to www.amazon.com
- Click on “Gifts & Wish Lists”
- Type in “UCSF Cancer Resource Center”
- Buy us a book!