Patient Education Resources
Patient Education Resource Pages
Patients, family members and caregivers often seek reliable sources to find information. The knowledgeable staff of the Cancer Resource Center has created a series of Patient Education Resource Pages which list credible publications and websites.
Documents are in Portable Document Format, viewed using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Types of Cancer
Coping with Cancer
Resources in Other Languages
Finding Information on the Web
These materials have been developed by UCSF health specialists and other reliable agencies. For additional resources, visit the UCSF Medical Center.
Cancer Therapies & Treatment Management
- Managing Your Treatment
- Coping with Cancer-Related Fatigue
- Coping with Chemotherapy
- Using a Medical Calendar and Symptom Log
- Chemotherapy and You (from National Cancer Institute)
- Radiation Therapy and You (from National Cancer Institute)
- Caring for the Caregiver
- Caregiver Handbook (English)
- Manual Para Los Encargados del Cuidado Continuo (Spanish)
- Orientation to Caregiving Handbook for Family Caregivers of Patients with Brain Tumors
Communication About Cancer
- Information for Loved Ones at the End of Life
- Hospice Care at End of Life
- Resources for End-of-Life Issues
- Eating Hints (from National Cancer Institute)
- Choosing a Multi-Vitamin
- Coping with Cancer Symptoms: Nutrition
- Diet for Cancer Treatment Side Effects
- Food Safety and Cancer Therapy
- Nutrition and Breast Cancer
- Living with Prostate Cancer: Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations
- Patient Rights Fact Sheet (from Legal Aid Society )
* If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free from Adobe’s website.