Protocol Project Managers
Protocol Project Managers (PPMs)
The Protocol Project Manager (PPM) position was created within the CRSO to eliminate inefficiencies and to provide an organizational infrastructure that would serve each Program and its Principal Investigators as an integrating hub for all the resources required for the seamless and efficient implementation of clinical trials. PPMs are protocol navigators and are responsible for:
- coordination of all aspects of study development, start-up, and maintenance
- serving as the principal liaison between:
- submitting concepts and protocols to the applicable Disease Site Committee(s)
- submitting Disease Site Committee approved protocols to the PRC via OnCore
- submitting applications to UCSF’s Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) and Radiation Safety Committee (RSC)
- responding to queries or concerns by the various units and review committees involved
- interacting with CRSO staff to ensure timely completion of regulatory approvals, contract and grant review, and other study start-up procedures to achieve specific timelines for opening studies; providing all CRSO units with a priority list from the Disease Site Committee, keeping a timeline of activity on each protocol in the development queue, and providing the PI and industry sponsor with progress reports as necessary
- study sponsor interactions, including management of site questionnaires and coordination of site qualification visits.
* Investigators should always communicate with the CRSO units through their PPMs.
This unit is supported by a National Cancer Institute Cancer Center Support Grant (5P30CA082103). Any publications related to work done by this core should reference grant number 5P30CA082103 and must include a PMCID as required by the NIH. For complete instructions on how to acknowledge funding sources, please see http://grants.nih.gov/grants/acknow.htm. For more information on how to obtain a PMCID, please see http://publicaccess.nih.gov/submit_process.htm.
For more information on the CCSG, please contact Erin Bank, PhD, at email@example.com.