This nutrient packed meal can be eaten whenever you need a sweet treat. Quinoa is rich in fiber and nutrients like folate, potassium and phosphorus. The variety of fruit allows for a diverse plate of textures and flavors. The honey-lime glaze is a perfect addition of tanginess to this fresh dish.
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 mango diced
Honey Lime Glaze:
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon basil chopped for garnish
- Rinse and prepare the quinoa according to package instructions. Let quinoa cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, strawberries, blueberries, and mango.
- In a small bowl combine the honey and lime juice. Drizzle over the fruit salad and toss to coat.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
Yields 6 servings
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic
Nutritional Information per Serving: Calories 187; Total Fat 2g; Saturated Fat 0.3g; Carbohydrate 39g; Fiber 6g; Protein 5g; Sodium 3mg