Tobacco-free Living: Part of Your Treatment for Cancer
Whether you are trying to prevent cancer, are newly diagnosed, undergoing treatment, or are a cancer survivor, living tobacco-free is an integral part of your cancer care.
Facing a cancer diagnosis can be stressful.
- If you smoke, this can put you in a difficult situation.
- We appreciate how hard it can be to think about stopping smoking.
It is never too late to stop smoking. People with cancer who stop can experience benefits, including:
- Easier breathing
- Less fatigue
- Better pain control
- Fewer and less serious treatment side effects
- Helping cancer treatments work better
- Lower risk of infection
- Faster recovery from treatment
- Decreased risk of developing new cancers
- Feeling more in control of their lives