This zesty appetizer is packed with flavor and nutrients. Make this delicious dip for a large crowd and enjoy on a warm afternoon. Serve with whole grain crackers to increase the dietary fiber or vegetables like carrot sticks for the perfect crunchy snack.
- 3 cups lightly packed arugula
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 1 can (15 oz) white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- In a food processor, combine arugula, lemon juice and zest, garlic and salt. Process until nearly smooth, using a spatula to wipe down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the beans and pulse until the mixture is combined but still somewhat chunky in texture. Stir in diced tomato.
- Serve with your favorite whole grain crackers or vegetables.
Recipe serves 8
Nutritional Information per Serving: Calories 133; Total Fat 7g; Saturated Fat 0.9g; Carbohydrate 13g; Fiber 0.4g; Protein 4g; Sodium 352mg (nutritional information does not include ingredients to taste)