Research SummaryI am an experienced hematologist in a comprehensive cancer center with clinical and research expertise in hematologic malignancies, autologous, and allogeneic blood and marrow transplantation. I have extensive clinical and research training in these areas and in genetic pharmacoepidemiology, in which I hold a Master’s degree. I have conducted and consulted on numerous clinical research endeavors in patients with hematologic malignancies, and I am currently the hematology clinical research co-chair at UCSF. I have collaborated with colleagues across departments and institutions (BMT-CTN and ALLIANCE) to conduct studies and perform data analysis on several aspects and phases of therapy for these patients. My personal area of interest involves the identification and characterization of genetic determinants of response to and toxicity from cancer therapy.
Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH, BA, 1993, Cum Laude, Biochemistry
College of Physicians & Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, MD, 1998, Medicine
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, MSCE, 2005, Pharmacogenetics/Epidemiology
1998 - 2001
Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center (New York, NY), Resident, Department of Internal Medicine
2001 - 2004
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA), Fellow, Division of Hematology/Oncology
2004 - 2005
University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA), Research Associate, Division of Hematology/Oncology
2005 - 2006
University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA), Clinical Instructor, Division of Hematology/Oncology
2006 - 2008
University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA), Assistant Professor, CE, Division of Hematology/Oncology
2006 - 2008
University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA), Associate Scholar, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
2008 - 2013
Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine, UCSF
2013 - present
Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, UCSF
Honors & Awards
Phi Beta Kappa, Z of Ohio
Departmental honors and Cum Laude, Oberlin College
- 1994 - 1998
Nicholplus Interschool Fellowship, Columbia University
McGraw-Hill Publishers Award, Columbia University
Grove memorial Scholarship, Columbia University
Alpha Omega Alpha, A of New York
The Endocrine Society Medical Student Achievement Award
Pharmacoepidemiology Training Award, University of Pennsylvania
Hematology Teaching Award, Department of Medicine, UCSF
Marc A. Shuman Mentoring Award, Division of Hematology/Oncology
Bay Area Man of the Year, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Keller JW, Andreadis C, Damon LE, Kaplan LD, Martin TG, Wolf JL, Ai WZ, Venstrom JM, Smith CC, Gaensler KM, Hwang J, Olin RL. Hematopoietic cell transplantation comorbidity index (HCT-CI) is predictive of adverse events and overall survival in older allogeneictransplant recipients. J Geriatr Oncol. 2014 Jul; 5(3):238-44. PMID: 24894413. PMCID: PMC1852238
- Yee SW, Mefford JA, Singh N, Percival ME, Stecula A, Yang K, Witte JS, Takahashi A, Kubo M, Matsuda K, Giacomini KM, Andreadis C. Impact of polymorphisms in drug pathway genes on disease-free survival in adults with acute myeloid leukemia. J Hum Genet. 2013 Jun; 58(6):353-61. PMID: 23677058
- Olin RL, Kanetsky PA, Ten Have TR, Nasta SD, Schuster SJ, Andreadis C. Determinants of the Optimal First-Line Therapy for Follicular Lymphoma: A Decision Analysis. Am J Hematol. 2010;85(4):255-60.
- Tsai DE, Douglas L, Andreadis C, Vogl DT, Arnoldi S, Kotloff R, Svoboda J, Bloom RD, Olthoff KM, Brozena SC, Schuster SJ, Stadtmauer EA, Robertson ES, Wasik MA, Ahya VN. EBV PCR in the Diagnosis and Monitoring of Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder: Results of a Two-Arm Prospective Trial. Am J Transplant. 2008; 8(5): 1016-24.
- Andreadis C, Gimotty PA, Wahl P, Hammond R, Houldsworth J, Schuster SJ, Rebbeck TR : Members of the glutathione and ABC-transporter families are associated with clinical outcome in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Blood. 109(8): 3409-3416, 2007.
- Ahya VN, Douglas LP, Andreadis C, Arnoldi S, Svoboda J, Kotloff RM, Hadjiliadis D, Sager JS, Woo YJ, Pochettino A, Schuster SJ, Stadtmauer EA, Tsai DE.: Association between elevated whole blood Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-encoded RNA EBV polymerase chain reaction and reduced incidence of acute lung allograft rejection. Journal of Heart Lung Transplant 26(8): 839-44, 2007.
- Svoboda J, Andreadis C, Elstrom R, Chong EA, Downs LH, Berkowitz A,Luger S, Porter D, Nasta SD, Tsai D, Loren A, Siegel DL, Glatstein E, Alavi A, Stadtmauer E, Schuster S: Prognostic Value of FDG-PET Imaging in Lymphoma Patients Undergoing Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation Bone Marrow Transplantation 38(3): 211-6, 2006.
- Fuster D, Chiang S, Andreadis C, Guan L, Zhuang H, Schuster S, Alavi A: Can [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography imaging complement biopsy results from the iliac crest for the detection of bone marrow involvement in patients with malignant lymphoma? Nuclear Medicine Communications 27(1): 11-5, 2006.
- Elstrom RL, Andreadis C, Aqui NA, Ahya VN, Bloom RD, Brozena SC, Olthoff KM, Schuster SJ, Nasta SD, Stadtmauer EA, and Tsai DE: Treatment of PTLD with Rituximab or Chemotherapy: The University of Pennsylvania Experience. American Journal of Transplantation 6(3): 569-76, 2006.
- Andreadis C, Schuster SJ, Chong EA, Svoboda J, Luger SM, Porter DL, Tsai DE, Nasta SD, Elstrom RL, Goldstein SC, Downs LH, Mangan PA, Cunningham KA, Hummel KA, Gimotty PA, Siegel DL, Glatstein E, Stadtmauer EA: Long-term event-free survivors after high-dose therapy and autologous stem-cell transplantation for low-grade follicular lymphoma. Bone Marrow Transplantation 36(11): 955-61, 2005.