The Patient and Family Cancer Support Center supports wellness and healing by providing patients and their loved ones with information, emotional support, and community resources.
We want you to know that we are still here for you!
Prescriptions for Healing
We invite providers and patients alike to download this handy checklist of available support services at UCSF.
After a break due to sheltering in place, our volunteer team at the UCSF Patient and Family Cancer Support Center is active again and is now working remotely!
To reach one of our volunteers and find out more about cancer support services, call the main PFCSC line at 415-885-3693, then choose option 5. Leave a clear message and we will return your call.
Hours and Locations
Open Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm:
The Patient and Family Cancer Support Center (Mission Bay)
Bakar Precision Cancer Medicine Building
Barbara and Richard Rosenberg Cancer Resource Suite
1825 Fourth Street, First Floor
San Francisco, CA 94158
The Ida and Joseph Friend Patient and Family Cancer Support Center (Mount Zion)
1600 Divisadero St., B-101
San Francisco, CA 94143
Planning your visit
- Directions to Misson Bay campus.
- Directions to Mount Zion campus.
- Public Parking at UCSF campuses.
- Short-term Lodging Guide provides information on hotels near UCSF’s campuses at Mt. Zion, Mission Bay, and Parnassus for out-of-town patients and caregivers.
- Friend to Friend, at UCSF Medical Center/Mt. Zion, is a one-stop specialty shop for wigs, scarves, prostheses, and more.
Classes and EventsThe Patient and Family Cancer Support Center sponsors a variety of special events for patients, family members, and caregivers. Prior to attending any group, please confirm event details (Zoom, in person, etc.) with the event organizer or main support line at 415-885-3693.
- Upcoming UCSF events for patients
- Click for current email Newsletter of news and events
- Subscribe to our email Newsletter
If you have questions about our services, please call 415.885.3693 or email us.
New Patient Guidebook and Orientation
The best ideas come from patients and families!
We would like to learn from you. Please submit your ideas on how to improve the patient and family experience at the Cancer Center. Thank you!
The UCSF Cancer Resource Center supports whole-person care by providing information, wellness programming, and community connections to anyone facing cancer and their loved ones.
- Support people with cancer and their loved ones as they navigate the period of diagnosis, treatment, and recovery.
- Support effective information gathering and decision-making to increase both participation and sense of control.
- Provide emotional support and foster a sense of community among people affected by cancer.
- Provide a wide range of services that promote wellness and speak to the diverse needs of cancer patients.
- Link patients to community-wide resources.
- Information about medical conditions, treatment options, nutrition, pain management, stress reduction, and relaxation.
- A library of books, videotapes, and relaxation tapes.
- Support groups.
- Peer referral.
- Medical appointment planning.
- Classes and lectures on topics of interest to cancer patients.
- Spiritual support services.
- Individualized lessons on using the Internet.
- Movement, dance, and exercise classes.
- Referrals to community resources.
- Free brochures and pamphlets.
- Information about clinical trials.
- Coffee, tea, and a comfortable place to sit and relax.