Held on Nov. 14, 12-2:15pm, Helen Diller Building Rm 160. Representatives from ASCO, AACR, ACS & Damon Runyon will talk about their funding opportunities, followed by a panel of HDFCCC faculty who have served as reviewers for these grants. Open to postdocs, fellows, residents and faculty. Register here by Nov. 8.
Office of Education and Training
Connecting the UCSF cancer community with education, mentoring and career development across all trainee levels.
For anyone who has or aspires to a leadership role in academia, these workshops, hosted by the Center for Faculty Educators, can teach you the skills and mindsets you need to succeed. Take all 8 and receive a certificate in education leadership.
(1) Achieving Results by Empowering and Engaging Others, Oct. 30, 10am – 12pm
(2) Navigating the Organizational Landscape, Nov. 5, 8am – 12pm
(3) Getting Projects Done: Tools for Helping Learners Stay on Track, Nov. 14, 3-5pm
(4) Thinking like a Leader: Creating Habits of Mind and Heart, Nov. 19, 8am – 12pm
(5) Leading Change: Strategies and Tactics, Dec. 5, 1pm – 5pm.
(6) Creating and Facilitating Productive Meetings, Jan. 22, 3pm – 5pm.
(7) Inclusive Leadership, Feb. 27, 8am – 12pm.
(8) From Conflict to Collaboration: Skills for Leaders and Team Members in Health Professions Education, date TBD.
Dr. Emily Bergsland is a specialist in gastrointestinal oncology at the UCSF Helen Diller Comprehensive Cancer Center. Her expertise includes treating colorectal and other gastrointestinal cancers, and neuroendocrine tumors. She sees patients in the Gastrointestinal Surgery and Oncology Clinic. Bergsland earned a medical degree at the University of Minnesota and completed a residency and fellowship at UCSF. She joined the UCSF medical staff and faculty in 1996. In her research, she focuses on developing and testing new cancer therapies. She is a professor of clinical medicine at UCSF.
Jennifer Seuferer, MS – Education & Training Manager
Jennifer Seuferer is the Education and Training Manager at the Cancer Center, helping to create the Office of Education and Training’s career development programs. She has 8 years of experience designing and delivering education programs. Jennifer has a BS in Kinesiology from the University of Colorado and a MS in Physical Therapy from the University of Massachusetts. She is also a Certified Meeting Professional and holds her Event Design Certificate.
Join our email list!