OET Travel Grants are for postdocs in HDFCCC member labs only.
Two grants will be awarded (up to $1500 each) for postdocs who do not otherwise have the means to attend a desired research meeting.
- Must be a current postdoc (PhD) in a HDFCCC member lab
- Must be working on any type of cancer research (lab based, clinical, outcomes, population, etc.)
- Must use the money to attend a cancer specific conference, or provide provide a justification why the conference will advance your career in cancer.
- Each quarter, for one of the awards, applicants from historically disenfranchised racial and ethnic groups that are under-represented in health sciences or from economically disadvantaged backgrounds will be given priority. Please click here and here for more information on what will qualify you for these groups.
- We will prioritize postdocs who have not received one of our travel grants in the past (but if you have received one in the past you can still apply)
- We will prioritize postdocs who are presenting (talk or poster) at the conference they wish to attend
- Must provide a current NIH style biosketch
- Must include a specific budget justification, with amounts for specific items you will use the money one. For example plane tickets, lodging, registration, etc.
- Provide justification of conference selection and how it will advance your research
Please note, these grants are intended to offset registration fees and travel expenses for cancer research conferences or conferences that will advance your career in cancer research.