HDFCCC Staff Resources
A variety of career development opportunities exist for UCSF and HDFCCC Employees. If you are interested in going back to school to further your career, the Bay Area offers many healthcare professional programs. See below for common healthcare careers, local programs, and funding opportunities.
Healthcare Professional Career Development Program for HDFCCC Staff
A series of events open to HDFCCC staff who are interested in attending medical school, nursing/nurse practitioner or physician assistant programs. The program consists of online resources plus events and mentoring. Some events/mentoring are open to all and some require that you apply. Please see below for more information.
Mock interviews for medical school, nurse practitioner and physician assistant programs will occur in August.
Applications to participate in the mock interviews now open. Participants will be interviewed by a UCSF faculty member, nurse practitioner or physician assistant.
Each interview is 1 hour, approximately 40-45 minutes of interview and 15-20 minutes of feedback. Interviews will be conducted via zoom. You will be provided with sample questions and other material to help you prepare. Open to all HDFCCC staff.
Click here to apply.
We are looking for faculty, fellows, nurse practitioners and physician assistants to be mock interviewers.
- Interviews will occur sometime during the 1st 3 weeks of August.
- You pick the day and time that work best for you
- Each interview is 1 hour, approximately 40 - 45 minutes of interview and 15-20 minutes of feedback
- We ask each interview conduct 2 interviews if possible
- You will receive the interviewees resume/CV, sample questions and a feedback rubric to help you conduct the interview
- The plan is for interviews to be conducted on zoom, but if it works for you and your interviewee you can arrange to do it in-person
- If you are interested, please contact Jennifer Seuferer.
Currently available for those applying to medical school, application essay mentoring occurs from April - June each year. Participants must apply, applications open in late January/early February. Current HDFCCC staff members are matched with current UCSF medical students mentor. Participants are also organized into small groups to receive peer to peer feedback and support.
A panel of admission directors or their representatives from medical schools, nursing and physician assistant programs through out California and the Bay Area. Occurs in early June each year.
Career Paths: A Virtual Guide to Healthcare Professional Careers - A portfolio of recorded interviews with UCSF/HDFCCC healthcare professionals from different fields. Learn how they got interested in science/healthcare and their path to their current field.
- UCSF School of Medicine WINGS Program
- UCSF Office of the Registrar Reduced Fee Enrollment
- UC Reduced fees for university classes and online education discount
- Free application for federal student aid (FAFSA)
- AFSCME Free College
- UC Berkeley Extension Scholarships
- Peralta Colleges Foundation Scholarships
- UCSF Financial Aid
- UC Davis Financial AidCal State East Bay Scholarships
- San Francisco State University Scholarships
- Samuel Merritt University Scholarships
- University of San Francisco Grants and Scholarships
- San Jose State University Financial Aid
- UC Berkeley Financial Aid
- Stanford Financial Aid
- Cal State University Stanislaus Financial Aid
- Touro University Financial Aid
- College financial aid offices – All colleges have a financial aid office with trained professionals who can answer your questions.
- UCSF Staff Internship Program
- UCSF HR Professional Development Guide – Created by the UCSF Learning & Organization Development Office, it offers guidance on how to manage your own professional development.
- Professional Associations