If you are a UCSF cancer patient and would like to meet with a dietitian on a one-on-one basis, please contact your UCSF oncology practice directly for a referral and scheduling. For general information about our Nutrition program, call 415-502-5547. The services are open to UCSF cancer patients at no charge, although donations are appreciated.
A dietitian is available Monday through Friday between 9 am and 4:30 pm at both the UCSF Mt. Zion and UCSF Mission Bay campuses, and now Thursdays at the Berkeley Outpatient Center.
Ayana Davis, MS, RD (Berkeley)
Greta Macaire, MA, RD, CSO (San Francisco)
Anna Hom, MS, RD, CSO (San Francisco)
Claire Mogelvang, RD (San Francisco)
UCSF Mount Zion
1600 Divisadero Street, Room B-101
UCSF Mission Bay
Bakar Precision Cancer Medicine Building
1825 4th Street, 4th and 5th Floors
Berkeley Outpatient Center (Tues-Thurs)
3100 San Pablo Ave., Second floor
Berkeley, CA 94702
Questions that the dietitian may address include:
- Nutrition recommendations for specific cancers
- Nutrition and food safety guidelines during various cancer treatments
- Tips for coping with nutrition related symptoms from treatment such as:
- Appetite changes
- Difficulty with chewing or swallowing
- Coping with nausea
- Problems with constipation or diarrhea
- Help managing unwanted weight loss or weight gain
- Nutrition recommendations for cancer survivorship
- Recommendations for dietary supplements
To schedule an appointment with one of our Registered Dietitians, please contact the UCSF oncology practice where you are being seen.
The dietitians of the Cancer Center Nutrition Counseling program periodically hold nutrition lectures and workshops for patients, caregivers, and/or the general public. Topics presented range from nutrition during treatment, current trends in nutrition and cancer, and optimizing nutrition after treatment.
Please connect with the Patient and Family Cancer Support Center to learn about upcoming sessions, or subscribe to our monthly newsletter where these sessions are announced. You can also visit our Patient Events page to see what is coming soon.
Feel free to call us at 415-885-3693 or email at [email protected] for more information.
- Eating Hints (from National Cancer Institute)
- Choosing a Multi-Vitamin
- Coping with Cancer Symptoms: Nutrition
- Diet for Cancer Treatment Side Effects
- Food Safety and Cancer Therapy
- Nutrition and Breast Cancer (full copy)
- Nutrition and Breast Cancer (abbreviated)
- Mindful Eating
- Health and Wellness: Living with Prostate Cancer, Part 1
- Health and Wellness: Living with Prostate Cancer, Part 2: Diet Recommendations