Thank you for your interest in volunteering in our Patient and Family Cancer Support Center at UCSF.
Please check the UCSF Volunteer website at https://volunteering.ucsfmedicalcenter.org/welcome periodically for the latest updates.
If you have any questions regarding volunteering at our Patient and Family Cancer Support Center, please contact Bernardo Diaz at [email protected]. For questions regarding Volunteer Services in general, please contact them at [email protected].
Being a Volunteer
As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to help patients connect with the supportive care services they need, as well as to learn within the environment of a major cancer center. The program provides individual on-the-job training and offers group trainings during the year.
- Answer inquiries about our supportive care programs and services
- Direct patients to educational materials
- Make rounds in the clinical waiting areas and infusion treatment areas
- Work on special projects with Cancer Resource Center staff
- Provide administrative and programming support
Requirements for volunteering are:
- successfully completion of the UCSF Volunteer Services onboarding requirements
- a solid commitment of one shift a week for a minimum of six months
- strong communication skills and a desire to engage with others
- a desire to help
- a desire to learn