Opportunities for Engagement
Underrepresented Minorities Resources: Opportunities for Engagement
- Diversity Steering Committee (research staff, trainees, faculty)
- Serve as a mentor: e.g. CURE (EAOP), SEP, Oasis for Girls, SF Build
- Working groups (e.g. Differences Matter, DOM)
- Diversity Hub (Office of Diversity and Outreach)
- Office of Community Engagement (HDFCCC)
- SF BUILD – is a collaboration between UC San Francisco (UCSF) and San Francisco State University (SFSU) to enhance diversity of the biomedical research workforce by transforming the teaching and research environments at SF State. The Cancer Control Program, Breast Oncology, and Tobacco Control Program at the HDFCCC mentor these students and work with them on projects in their labs.
- Science and Health Education Partnership (SEP) – Leads a range of programs for SFUSD K-12 teachers. These programs include classroom-based partnerships, courses, and seminars.
- Early Academic Outreach Program (EAOP) – This program has worked closely with Bay Area School Districts for the past 18 years supporting underrepresented and educationally disadvantaged students in San Francisco and Daly City. EAOP provides services that lead to academic success, exposes students and their families to health careers, and increase the number going to college.
- Oasis for Girls - Partners with young women of color aged 14-18 from under-resourced communities in San Francisco to provide a medical internship experience. For more information contact Marisa McFarlane ([email protected]).
- American Society for Clinical Oncology – Diversity in Oncology Initiative
- American Society of Hematology – Minority Recruitment Initiative
- American Association for Cancer Research – Minorities in Cancer Research