The UCSF Breast Care Center, under the direction of Dr. Hope Rugo and coordinated by Melody Gawliu, hosts a bi-monthly UCSF Bay Area Breast Cancer Forum at which health experts explore the latest developments and advancements in breast cancer research.
The forum provides an excellent venue for our patients and their families to gather new information about topics related to breast cancer and breast health.
Upcoming Forum: Wednesday, November 29th
The Latest: Wednesday, July 19th | Updates from ASCO 23
Moderator Dr. Hope Rugo and her colleagues Drs. Jo Chien, Michelle Melisko, and Laura Huppert discuss updates from the 2023 American Society of Clinical Oncology (#ASCO23) annual conference that took place in June 2023.
- "Updates from SABCS 2022." Dr. Hope Rugo and her colleagues Drs. Saya Jacob, Lisa Singer, and Michelle Meliska shared updates from the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS) that took place in December 2022.
Jan 25, 2023
- “Updates from ASCO 2022.” Our host Dr. Hope Rugo and her UCSF colleagues Dr. Michelle Melisko, Dr. Laura Huppert, and Dr. Jo Chien shared updates from the annual conference for ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology).
July 20, 2022
- "Integrative Cancer Care in Breast Cancer." Dr. Hope Rugo is joined by her UCSF colleague Dr. Donald Abrams who provides consultations for cancer patients on incorporating appropriate complementary therapies into their treatment plans, including mind-body treatments, botanical therapies, medical use of cannabis and herbal therapies used in traditional Chinese medicine.
April 27, 2022
- Updates from ESMO 2020: New Developments in Treatment
November 18, 2020
- Exercise Tips for Cancer Patients in the COVID-19 Pandemic: staying safe and healthy
August 19, 2020
- Breast Cancer in the Time of COVID-19
April 15, 2020
- "Updates from 2018 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, Part 2"
April 10, 2019
- "Updates from the 2018 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, Part 1"
January 23, 2019
- "Updates from the 2018 European Society for Medical Oncology Annual Conference"
November 28, 2018
- "What Matters Most"
October 3, 2018
- "Updates from ASCO 2018"
June 13, 2018
May 2, 2018
- "Updates from 2017 San Antonio Breast Cancer Sympostium, Part 2"
February 28, 2018
- "Updates from 2017 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium"
December 13, 2017
- "Cancer Immunotherapy: Promise and Pitfalls"
October 25, 2017
- Taste for the Cure 2017
October 14, 2017
- "Updates from ASCO 2017"
July 28, 2017
- The Human Microbiome and Breast Cancer
April 12, 2017