March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month
Cancer screenings help save lives! Ask your doctor/health care provider about preventive care and cancer screenings. Encourage your loved ones to ask.
- Screening information for Breast, Prostate, Liver, Colon, and Tobacco-caused cancers is available from the San Francisco Cancer Initiative
- Click for additional screening resources
FACT: DYK More than half of Asian American women diagnosed with lung cancer have never smoked? [ See data from the FANS Study ]
- Health Observances – raise awareness and call to action for health and wellness causes, campaigns and recognitions
- Cancer Information and Booklets
- HDFCCC - Ida & Joseph Friend Cancer Resource Center A treasure trove of cancer information, resources and services.
- Nutrition Tips from UCSF
- National Cancer Institute (NCI ): www.cancer.gov Cancer Information Service (CIS) 800-4-CANCER (1-800-422-6237) LiveHelp Online Chat
- Organizations offering cancer support services
- National Cancer Institute YouTube Channel
- Health Information Sources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention) You Tube Channel
- MedlinePlus.gov Starting place for reliable, quality health information.
- Healthfinder.gov Quality health information; a schedule of health observances and causes)
- MyPlate.gov: https://www.choosemyplate.gov/ Tips, tools and a visual reminder to build a healthy eating style now and in the future,
- UCSF Campus Life Services Stretching Exercises
Nutritional Tips from UCSF
Nutrition workshops and seminars for the general public. Topics include prostate cancer and nutrition, nutrition during radiation and/or chemotherapy treatment, dietary supplements, phytonutrients, plant-based diets, and truths & myths of nutrition and cancer.
All downloaded materials can be used freely with the proviso that full acknowledgement is made to the publication (Grocery Items for Your Plate) and that the materials are not reused commercially.
Referral Links - Finding Care
- 211 Bay Area Information and Referral System Connect with health and human services near you - child care, senior services, counseling, food, shelter, job services, and more.
- 211 Alameda County Information and Referral
- 211 Contra Costa County Information and Referral
- 211 San Mateo County Information and Referral