The Histology & Biomarker Core provides state-of-the-art tissue biomarker histologic detection and image analyses for both human and mouse tissue biospecimens. To order work, visit our iLab website.
- Optimized processing of unfixed tissues for microtomy/biomarkers
- FFPE microtomy
- RNase-free scrolls/sections
- Hematoxylin & Eosin staining
- Special histochemical stains
- Tissue microarray construction
- Cell button creation
- Histology instruction & consultation
Our laboratory offers a robust menu of immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunofluorescence (IF) single and multiplex panel stains on the Ventana Discovery Ultra platform.
- IHC/IF -- single & multiplex staining
- Multiplex IHC chromogenic panels up to three markers
- Multiplex IF panels up to 5 markers using Ventana’s staining technology or 6 markers using Akoya’s OPAL dyes
- In situ hybridization (RNAscope)
- Current list of protocols can be found here: Biomarker Menu
Whole Slide Scanning
Digital imaging services include both brightfield (BF) and immunofluorescent (IF) slides as well multispectral scanning.
- Zeiss Axio ScanZ.1 - Whole Slide Scanning Service
- Automated loading of up to 100 slides
- 10x/20x/40x objective scanning for BF and FL
- 9 fluorescent channels: Cy7, Cy5, Red 610, Alexa 594/Texas Red/RFP, Cy3, FITC/GFP, DCC/Coumarin, Rhodamine 6G, DAPI
- Akoya Vectra 3.0 - Rental
- Automated loading of up to 6 slides
- 5x, 10x, 20x, 40x objective scanning BF or FL (multi-spectral/color)
- 5 filter cubes: FITC/AF488, Cy3/TITC/AF555, DAPI, AF594/Texas Red, Cy5/-ET
Our image analysis specialist offers strategic planning of biomarker panels and project-oriented quantitative analysis of H&E/IHC/IF images.
For more information please see our Imaging/Scanning FAQs
- UCSF Biospecimen Resource Program
- Resources for Investigators Working in Mouse Models of Human Cancer
- Download Free Microscope Software ZEN lite from Zeiss Microscopy